MB Locks and requires reboot with theme background

moviefan

moviefan

Now that I installed thew new IR receiver and stopped using my internal case IR receiver almost all of my issues with MB classic navigation and crashing have gone away which is awesome.

I still have a slight nagging issue that seems to occur if I haven't rebooted in a while.  Basically when I click to perform various actions I get the spinning wheel that sits there for a while and then nothing ever actually happens.  Rebooting the MBC system fixes it and everything returns to normal.  But I am not sure why it happens.

In this case I clicked on a particular TV series (Battlestar Galactica) and it took a long time to load the series page.  Wheel just kept spinning for about 60 seconds maybe and then eventually it loaded the series page.  Presumably because MBC was trying to load the intro song and that seems to be what I see in the log.  The song never played.  Then I clicked into a season and tried to play an episode.  The wheel spun for another 60 seconds or so and then went away, without actually playing the episode.

I am attaching the full log of MBC as well as MBS (zipped because its too large).

Here is the relevant part from the MBC log as far as I can tell:  I just see it saying PlayMedia returned false.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

2014-10-27 17:48:24.1774,Debug,,Stopping playback from another wmc application,, such as live tv,35,Worker thread for OnCurrentItemChanged
2014-10-27 17:48:30.7675,Debug,,Could not find resource 'rated_tv_pg' in theme Chocolate,1,Application
2014-10-27 17:48:30.7675,Debug,,===CustomImage resx://MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Resources/rated_tv_pg being cached on first access.  Should only have to do this once per session...,1,Application
2014-10-27 17:48:38.3576,Debug,,Loading display prefs for \\SYNOLOGY\Video\TV\Battlestar Galactica,1,Application
2014-10-27 17:48:38.3676,Info,,Internal Player playing \\SYNOLOGY\Video\TV\Battlestar Galactica\theme.mp3,51,Worker thread for Play Action
2014-10-27 17:48:38.3676,Debug,,Calling MediaCenterEnvironment.PlayMedia,1,Application
2014-10-27 17:48:38.4476,Debug,,Forced Refresh of UI on Season 1 called from: <Queue>b__3,171,Worker thread for Child Refresh
2014-10-27 17:48:38.4876,Debug,,Forced Refresh of UI on Season 2 called from: <Queue>b__3,171,Worker thread for Child Refresh
2014-10-27 17:48:38.5176,Debug,,Forced Refresh of UI on Season 3 called from: <Queue>b__3,171,Worker thread for Child Refresh
2014-10-27 17:48:38.5576,Debug,,Forced Refresh of UI on Season 4 called from: <Queue>b__3,171,Worker thread for Child Refresh
2014-10-27 17:49:18.6780,Info,,Received web socket message: ScheduledTaskEnded,12,
2014-10-27 17:49:23.8480,Debug,,Error playing item: PlayMedia returned false,1,Application
2014-10-27 17:49:29.3381,Debug,,Loading display prefs for \\SYNOLOGY\Video\TV\Battlestar Galactica\Season 4,1,Application
2014-10-27 17:49:29.3581,Error,,Async thread threw the following exception:  ( Exception.  Type=System.NullReferenceException Msg=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Src=ThemeVideoBackdrops Method=CreateInternal Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at ThemeVideoBackdrops.BackdropItemFactory.CreateInternal(BaseItem item) [n]    at ThemeVideoBackdrops.BackdropItemFactory.Create(BaseItem item) [n]    at ThemeVideoBackdrops.Playables.ThemeVideoPlayables.CurrentItemChanged(Object sender,, GenericEventArgs`1 e) [n]    at MediaBrowser.Application.<OnCurrentItemChanged>b__2() [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Threading.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Queue>b__3() ),35,Worker thread for OnCurrentItemChanged
2014-10-27 17:49:29.4081,Error,,Async thread threw the following exception:  ( Exception.  Type=System.NullReferenceException Msg=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Src=ThemeVideoBackdrops Method=CreateInternal Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at ThemeVideoBackdrops.BackdropItemFactory.CreateInternal(BaseItem item) [n]    at ThemeVideoBackdrops.BackdropItemFactory.Create(BaseItem item) [n]    at ThemeVideoBackdrops.Playables.ThemeVideoPlayables.CurrentItemChanged(Object sender,, GenericEventArgs`1 e) [n]    at MediaBrowser.Application.<OnCurrentItemChanged>b__2() [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Threading.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Queue>b__3() ),35,Worker thread for OnCurrentItemChanged
2014-10-27 17:49:42.3482,Info,,No intros found for 10 - Revelations,1,Application
2014-10-27 17:49:42.3682,Info,,Internal Player about to play 10 - Revelations(\\SYNOLOGY\Video\TV\Battlestar Galactica\Season 4\Battlestar Galactica (2003) - S04E10 - Revelations.mkv) ,51,Worker thread for Play Action
2014-10-27 17:49:42.3682,Info,,Internal Player playing 10 - Revelations,51,Worker thread for Play Action
2014-10-27 17:49:42.3682,Debug,,Calling MediaCenterEnvironment.PlayMedia,1,Application
2014-10-27 17:49:47.4083,Info,,Received web socket message: ScheduledTaskEnded,12,
2014-10-27 17:50:27.7287,Debug,,Error playing item: PlayMedia returned false,1,Application

Cheesegeezer

@@moviefan out of interest how many play counts do you have set in the Theme Video Backdrops config. You can access this via the configurator application. If its set to more than one, set it to one and try MBC again. I seem to recall this freeze being logged before and its associated with the play counts for that plugin.

cheers

moviefan

@@moviefan out of interest how many play counts do you have set in the Theme Video Backdrops config. You can access this via the configurator application. If its set to more than one, set it to one and try MBC again. I seem to recall this freeze being logged before and its associated with the play counts for that plugin.

cheers

Thanks for your response.

I checked and the play count is set to one.

Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks,

What happens if you try to play this file through other means?

\\SYNOLOGY\Video\TV\Battlestar Galactica\theme.mp3

What codecs are installed on the machine?

It looks like WMC is unable to play that item and it is completely gumming up the WMC player when you even try to.

moviefan

What happens if you try to play this file through other means?

\\SYNOLOGY\Video\TV\Battlestar Galactica\theme.mp3

What codecs are installed on the machine?

It looks like WMC is unable to play that item and it is completely gumming up the WMC player when you even try to.

I can play the file fine through other means.

Also, it plays fine after a reboot (and the majority of the time) in MBC.  Everything works perfectly after a reboot.

But every once in a while when the system has been left on for a while this seems to happen and affects all actions that I try to take in MBC.  I used to think the system was freezing but when I am patient enough to wait I always get the  control back.  It just doesn't do what I have asked it to do.

So you are saying it looks like the issue is  with WMC rather than MBC?

On this computer I now have Shark codecs installed (sigh) because embedded MKV subs and AC3 bitstreaming with AVI files don't seem to work properly for me anymore with just LAV filters.  I don't think it's a codec issue though because I've experienced this behavior for quite some time including when I had only LAV filters installed.