Streaming plugins

steve1977

steve1977

I am personally not a huge fan of these services, but curious why MBS does not offer any plugin for streaming services (hulum nfl, abc, zattoo, netflix, slingbox, etc.). Could also be a great way to monetarize and fund development,

Redshirt

It's simply a matter or developer resources. The core group has a lot on the go. We're all burning the candle at both ends. That's not to say we won't welcome any other developers that come forward to tackle any plugin ideas.

We can't monitize most of those things because that is strictly prohibited by the content providers.  Also, I know at least Netflix discontinued its public API.

Most of those services do not want programs like us consuming them which makes it very difficult.  As it is legal and possible to do so, we will hopefully add whatever of these we can in time.

steve1977

Thanks, got it. I would have thought that Netflix et al even had a genuine interest and pay for a developer to develop the plugin. Or would be more than happy if someone goes ahead (and then put the plug-in up for sale to MBS users). From what you say, it is less in their interest than I would have anticipated...

• 1 year later...
steve1977

That would indeed be cool and something many people (including myself) would be willing to pay for.

• Like 1

Alceste

I am wondering if anyone is still reading this. BTW: I also found a working and quite marvellous Kodi plugin for Amazon prime!

im85288

I am wondering if anyone is still reading this. BTW: I also found a working and quite marvellous Kodi plugin for Amazon prime!

Yes the Amazon Prime plugin for Kodi is awesome, full HD streaming of movies/tv shows, watch list support...excellent stuff and works brilliantly with the Emby for Kodi addon :)

• 3 months later...
Alceste

Aer there any news on the Emby plugin? I admit the kodi version is reall awesome, however as of now I use emby to send stuff to my player devices including Kodi and only having a kodi plugin is not exactly comfortable... 

If you mean Amazon Prime, I don't believe that is going to be possible - unless Amazon decides to publish an API for it (don't hold your breath).

ddecaro

I noticed the CBS plugin doesn't work and there are comments stating it needs work on RTMP. I tried comparing it to other plugin that is working and they seem a lot different. Is there a plug that I might be able to review or a website to help review the code. I have visual studios 2013 through work, but I pretty much have little knowledge on it.

• 2 weeks later...
ddecaro

sorry for the delayed response. I did not realize you responded. I am still figuring out the forum.

I was reference the CBS found below. I used VS 2013 to compile it. It seems to work all the way up to clicking the video stream. Once you click the video stream it provides an error on the screen. Last night I was trying to figure it out a little more and reviewed the server app logs. If you put the first url from the logs in broswer, it pulls up the webpage with the movie. When you put in the second url, it downloads a file I am unable to upload.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Channels/tree/master/MediaBrowser.Channels.CBS

snippetLog.txt

Oh.  That looks like something that was started as a proof of concept quite a while ago.  I'm not sure it is something we could support at this point in time since I don't believe CBS has any sort of API to access this content.