Searching metadata for tags, etc

flort
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Heya, new to MB3, after trialling Plex.

It would seem that search (from the web client) basically only does titles?

I'm attempting to use MB not only for movies, but also adult content.

I would like to be able to tag said content with keywords (to ah, give categories if you will to different areas of adult content), or to "five star" rate them, such that I can quickly find them later.

I see all the metadata capability is there, but search isn't?  Am I missing something?

I thought to use Collections at the least, but when my adult part is of type "Home movies", that isn't an option either.

I'd appreciate any help, as my searches haven't turned up much!

• Like 1

Starkadius

I made a feature request long ago that would expand on the searching but I got no feedback from it. Your suggestion could be something that I would like to see added as well but in my case it would be for Anime since it supports tags.

Server/Web Client: Additional Search Criteria Support

Edited by Starkadius

A lot more filtering and searching is planned, it just hasn't been done yet.

Nice nice.  Where is the code needed?  In the web client only, I assume?  That appears to be in the server github section?

Or will it be done/needed through plugins?

Just wondering as I'm keen to assist, depending on backend code types (which in this case looks like JS mainly)

Web client - html, javascript, and/or adding new server-side filters. But the main challenge is establishing the UI patterns which I really need to sit down and think about. With the web client our goal is mobile first and then allow it to scale up to larger screen sizes. So for example the proposal in the link above won't work. Everything needs to be touch friendly. So I just haven't found time yet to go mediate and think it through. Ideas are always welcome.

Having said all of that, the more contributors the better, and there are plenty of projects available, this and others. So if you tell us your interests and skill sets, we can find a place for you.