Help with DLNA profile

Serios

Hi,

I'm trying to modify the DLNA profile for my LG tv based on the profile that I found in another thread here, but I'm stuck. My tv is LG LB731v with WebOs

Here's what specifications for internal player, LG provide for LB7xx/LB6xx series

Internal player supported formats

Video extensions:         3GP • 3GP2 • ASF • AVI • DAT • DIVX • FLV • M2TS • M4V • MKV • MOV • MP4 • MPE • MPEG • MPG • MTS • TP • TRP • TS • VOB • WMV
    Video Codecs Video:    DIVX 3.11/4/5/6 • H.264/AVC • MJPEG • MP43 • MPEG1/2/4 • VC-1 • XVID    
    Video Codecs Audio:    AAC • ADPCM • AMR • DOLBY DIGITAL • DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS • HE-AAC • LPCM • MP3 • MPEG AUDIO • WMA

Audio Extensions File:          AAC • M4A • MP3 • OGG • WMA
    Audio Formats/Containers:   AAC • MP3 • OGG • WMA • WMA PRO
    Audio Codecs:                      AAC • ADIF • ADTS • MP3 • VORBIS • WMA

Images/Photos Extensions File:     BMP • JPE • JPEG • JPG • PNG
    Images/Photos Formats:                BMP • JPEG • PNG

Subtitles Files:                           ASS • PSB • SMI • SRT • SSA • SUB • TXT
    Subtitles Formats External:     DVDsubtitleSystem • MicroDVD • PowerDivX • SAMI • SubRip • SubStation Alpha • SubViewer • TMplayer • Vobsub
    Subtitles Formats Internal :     XSUB

I'm attaching my try for dlna profile. Can someone help me with this...

LG 2013 2014.xml

Edited by Serios

Happy2Play

but I'm stuck

What are you stuck on?  What isn't working?

What are you stuck on?  What isn't working?

Well first I'm not sure if the profile is even set right. Some of my movies doesn't load at all (error is returned) and I can't get external subtitles to work with movies which by some miracle can be played.

Well I manage with a lot of comparing with other media servers and a lot of testing to came up with (I think) pretty good DLNA profile for WebOS TV's (will attach it), but there couple of extremely frustrating things:

1. Why when playing movie with external subtitle it need to be transcoded? For me it doesn't make any sense, since WebOS support both external and internal subtitles and trough TV player I can control the properties like color, size etc. When movie is transcoded it end up with tiny letters and must sit in front on TV literally to be able to read them. Can Media Browser support external subtitles without transcoding?

2. Internal subtitles have a priority over external. When movie has internal subtitles streams, it transcode them and rejects the external subtitles. Not only that but, it gets the first available stream which in case of couple of subs streams 99% is not the preff language. So I end up with subtitles in French for example. The TV player have option to choose between external and internal subtitles and for internal it even have option to choose the stream but with transcoding this is no longer possible (again to question 1).

3. Subtitles in .sub format (maybe this is a bug). When movie have external subtitles in .sub format it triggers transcoding, movie plays but not a trace of subtitles at all, transcoding log don't show any errors just subtitles are not burn in the movie ?!?

4. Problem with some avi files (maybe this is a bug realted to N: 3) Some avi files doesn't play, MB creates transcode log but doesn't create the ts file itself so TV returns an error. I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is related to Num. 3 since most movies showing this behavior are with external subtitles in .sub format but again some avi's play just fine, only without subtitles.

5. 3D movies and transcoding. This is a bit hard to explain but when 3D movie is streaming and is not transcoded TV actually gets it as 3D. For example when playing HTAB movie I see top and bottom half's initially and when the 3D option on the TV is activated, both half's are merged so its "real 3D", When movie is transcoded the stream is initially in flat 2d I can activate the 3D option on the TV, but it goes in mode which convert 2D content in to 3D in which the TV itself tries to predict the depth and the object position in the scene (I don't know really how exactly this work and what mechanism stays behind it), it's quite accurate but the effect its not the same as it is "the real 3D" and stays a bit flat. Its hard to explain since this is based mostly on perception.

6. 3D movies with external subtitles (srt format) (I think very related to Num. 5). Sometimes subtitles are burned strange (at the both ends of the screen clipped on half) so they became unreadable. The movie is marked with the htab or hsbs tag so MB register it as 3D movie but because of external subtitles it transcode it, so not only loses 3D but subtitles are wrongly burned.

----------

I'm using MB windows server Version 3.0.5422.26016

And here's the DLNA profile

LG WebOS.xml