Server Configuration Backup 1.0.0.1

saitoh183
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

saitoh183

I just installed a new MBS server on my test machine and installed Server Configuration backup to restore my settings. My main MBS is beta and i copied the manual backup i took to a location on my server that is shared to my test machine and pointed the plugin to it. I can see the backup in the plugin config windows but when i select the portion i want to restore and click the button, nothing happens. I opened the log window and i see no activity when i click on the button.

Cheesegeezer

I just installed a new MBS server on my test machine and installed Server Configuration backup to restore my settings. My main MBS is beta and i copied the manual backup i took to a location on my server that is shared to my test machine and pointed the plugin to it. I can see the backup in the plugin config windows but when i select the portion i want to restore and click the button, nothing happens. I opened the log window and i see no activity when i click on the button.

We'll need to see server logs.

See my signature link on how to report a problem.

Cheesegeezer

Server Configuration Backup plugin?

How did I miss that post!

I actually missed it too, only installed it once i finished the lounge a couple of weeks back. It must be an age thing :lol:

Ebr didnt blog it either (tut tut) ;)

• Like 1

saitoh183

We'll need to see server logs.

See my signature link on how to report a problem.

I would, but as i said, there is nothing in it to post. You click on the restore and nothing happens at all. Could the problem be because im trying to restore to another MBS by copying the backup taken from my main MBS to another restore folder where my test MB is pointing to.

When you hit restore there is a warning popup before proceeding.That doesnt happen when i use the backup i copied.

5454f9817c25c_bacupJPG.jpg

And the backup and restore logs that are in the actual backup directory.

I might just copy the folders back manually then

If you are doing this with Chrome, hit ctl-shift-j and then try your restore that does nothing.  What is in the console window?

saitoh183

If you are doing this with Chrome, hit ctl-shift-j and then try your restore that does nothing.  What is in the console window?

5454fe31462a3_errorback.jpg

saitoh183

You have a user name with an ampersand (&) in it...?

yeah...damn special characters...the plague of programming...

saitoh183

Please replace the MBBackup.dll on the server with the problem with this one and see if it works.

Thank you :) it worked

Excellent.  Thanks for testing.  Be sure that everything actually worked though - did the user information restore properly as opposed to just not crashing?

saitoh183

Excellent.  Thanks for testing.  Be sure that everything actually worked though - did the user information restore properly as opposed to just not crashing?

Yes im able to login with that user and all settings/plugins seem to be i place.Also a restore didnt overwrite the test path i added before restoring...this is intentional?

Edited by saitoh183

Also a restore didnt overwrite the test path i added before restoring...this is intentional?

Sorry, don't know what that means...  what test path?

saitoh183

Sorry, don't know what that means...  what test path?

I added a media path called Test which is a Movie type. After doing the restore i thought it ould overwrite all library entries with the restore but it left the library i created.

54555954d4b07_mbstest.jpg

saitoh183

Oh, okay.  No, the restore will be additive.  It won't delete anything that is already there.

ok...good to know :)