Boolean requiresSynchronization

Jasoon

That's just one of the properties on a method in a stack trace.

You are looking too hard for a problem :).  404's are not a big deal.  It just means we went looking for something on a web service and it wasn't there.

it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't crash MBS when it tells me about the 404 error.....

No 404 should cause a crash.  That is probably coincidental.  Please post details about the crash and a full log of when that happens.

when the crash happens I get a pop up window with "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found" when I ok it, the icon for MBS is still in the hidden icon bar but as soon as you go near it with the mouse it disappears and I have to restart MBS. 

Two of the logs are below:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1s189qwale0fcje/server-63550339832.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xcunliqac4xweq/unhandled_8b06c5c0-d83c-4f7d-b674-2dc157aa11d3.txt?dl=0

It seems to always generate a server log and also a unhandled log

Okay, that's definitely a bug.  A 404 shouldn't cause a crash (unless maybe it is a bad end-point we're calling on the API).

@@Luke may need to take a look.

it's being called from an autoboxset timer. the server can't catch the error there. the plugin will  have to.

it's being called from an autoboxset timer. the server can't catch the error there. the plugin will  have to.

Its being thrown from a ProviderManager.GetRemoteSearchResults call.  Can't it be trapped there?

It is not intuitive that a call to get search results from that method would throw an exception when there are no results.  I would expect to just get an empty result set.