Fix for Access Denied problem

Nate8727

Nate8727

I recently had trouble getting about 600 movies to show up in the MB3 library, and I've found a fix from different sites.  I thought it was a permission issue at first, but that didn't seem to solve the problem.

If you're getting "access denied" in the MB3 logs, then perform the following registry edit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
create or modify 32-bit DWORD: LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy
set the value to: 1

Problem solved.

CWNashvegas

It allows one to keep UAC enabled on a machine but still have Windows allow admin rights to pass through on a remote connection. A value of 0 strips admin rights from remote connections, a value of 1 passes them through (provided that the connecting account has admin privileges - it doesn't grant extra rights to non-admin accounts). 

• Like 1

Nate8727

I'm not sure exactly, as none of the sites gave an answer.  I tried it though and it worked, and others reported it working also.

Nate8727

It allows one to keep UAC enabled on a machine but still have Windows allow admin rights to pass through on a remote connection. A value of 0 strips admin rights from remote connections, a value of 1 passes them through (provided that the connecting account has admin privileges - it doesn't grant extra rights to non-admin accounts). 

Thanks!

CWNashvegas

Thanks!

You're welcome. :) I generally advise against applying fixes without knowing what they do. You can often track down the function of registry keys by searching in the Microsoft KB, if a Google search doesn't point you there. This particular fix has been around since Vista.

• 1 month later...