MBT - DTS, TrueHD Audio not working

Lawrage

Lawrage

Hi there,

Am hoping someone can help me or point me in the right direction.

I have had this issue for some time now but finally got annoyed enough to start looking into it. I have just upgraded to the latest version of MBT and have also just installed the latest lav filters (0.63) but for some reason it seems that DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-MA or TrueHD are just not being passed through to the receiver.

I have a Windows 7 PC plugged into my receiver through a HDMI cable however when playing movies with surround sound it seems that MBT is only passing through stereo audio for some reason.

When playing the files directly in Windows Media Player or VLC it is working as expected and the receiver is showing DTS as the audio stream.

I have some screenshots of my settings pages in MBT as well as of LAV while the video is playing if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

post-4968-0-42703900-1415282020_thumb.png

post-4968-0-66667300-1415282021_thumb.png

post-4968-0-85343200-1415282022_thumb.png

Lawrage

Just an update that this is now working.

Browsing through the web I decided to attempt to use MPC-HC as an external player to get around my issue, installed it, went into Audio settings and it brought up the LAV settings page with all of the DTS options unticked - as you can see from the above screenshot they have definitely been selected in the past.

Anyway ticking those and trying MBT again and now its working fine.

I can only assume that I have two of the same LAV filters installed on my machine, one from MBT and one from installing them myself.

Again no idea why this happened but happy to report MBT is working 100%.

Lawrage

I am now using the internal player perfectly fine.

Installing and configuring LAV through the external player has somehow fixed my MBT internal player.