Feature Request: Censorship

DaN

"Parents Guide: View Content Advisory"

Every time I get a new movie, I take a look at IMDB in order to check for sex or nudity scenes across the content; only then I can decide to share that with my Family to watch; definitely it's not only me who cares about contents being watched by the kids; but I thought if a feature can be implemented in server; helping parents to:

• List restricted scenes in a content within metadata, with scene duration (start time/end time)
  • control the playback so it skips these scenes automatically, it can be optional.
  • Add a direct access to Parents Guide page in web client; it would be perfect if this information can be fetched from IMDB; but a direct link should work; I noticed that parents guide link shows in this format  http://www.imdb.com/title/<IMDbId>/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg so it might be a way to implement a direct link.

Regards,

DaN

• Like 1

We could probably implement your third item and I think that is a good idea.

I've looked for free providers of this data in the past and not found any.  I also approached common sense media about allowing us access to the data but was rebuffed.  All of these services are commercial at this time.

• Like 1

That will help me alot; about the 1st item, I think it can be one of the metadata sections; where restricted scenes can be added with a description and duration as mentioned; hope that's not difficult. now thinking about the 2nd item; is there a way to tell the player to skip this (from/to) time; isn't that similar to chapters playback, when you skip the who;e movie to a particular chapter?

Regards,

DaN

I don't think it is very practical for us to try to implement any kind of automatic skipping because all the apps use different players and they all try to direct-play whenever possible.  It is very unlikely we could get any kind of consistent implementation of that working.  Given that, I don't think the first option would be useful enough.  But, you never know.

• 3 weeks later...

News of Plex introduced today parental control in a way of multiple users and allowed content rating, was just like "Oh really, MB is already there and almost since MB3 launch time...." keep up good work guys, really if there's a possibility to implement that scene auto-skip function, it will be a new area that no other hit before, and sure MB will be the choice for more many parents

DaN