Good news on the ARM front

thefirstofthe300

thefirstofthe300

I got this comment in the comments section of my AUR package:

Installed successfully on ARM cuboxiPro4 

I simply editted the PKGBUILD file and added armv7h to the arch= line
arch=('i686' 'x86_64' 'armv7h')

So far mediabrowser-server is running very well

It is looking like the AUR package will run on ARM devices for those willing to try Arch on their ARM devices. I am not going to update the package though to include ARM until the SQLite changes are made.

Speaking of SQLite: is their a command line flag to allow a user to use the system's sqlite in MBS?

thefirstofthe300

I already am using the -ffmpeg flag to point to the FFMpeg binary. Just wondering how to tell MBS where SQLite is.

• 3 weeks later...
thefirstofthe300

This really only applies to Arch on ARM. As far as I have heard, you need binaries compiled for your platform. As long as the package you are using uses the platforms ffmpeg and ffprobe, things should run fairly well. Am I right, @@Luke?

blindpet

Will this work on the banana pi (arm7) running debian or is only arch supported? If you could point me to instructions that would be great. Currently compiling ffmpeg and ffprobe on arm.

Edited by blindpet

• 1 month later...
esseki

Hi,

i confirm that thanks to DaBungalow's work on MediaBrowser server archlinux package, i'm the happy tester of the unsupported ARM version of MediaBrowser on a Cubox-i.

Apart from a dependency issue with libGL (that i had to solve in order to get images displayed in the web client), everything is working like a charm.

See my post : http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/16767-mediabrowser-server-on-my-arm-based-beloved-cubox-i/

Thank you all for your hard work.

esseki