Aztec Theme unresponsive/slow

rms8

Hi All,

I just purchased the 4-pack Bundle with Aztec.  The theme seems laggy and when I go into my Movie collection (poster view) it doesn't popluate the whole screen with movies.  Plus when trying to move through the collection it's extremely slow to the point it becomes unresponsive and I then have to close WMC.

The PC is definitely up to snuff (i3 cpu, 4gb DDR3, Samsung 256Gb SSD...).  What's up?

Rob

Edited by rms8

Some more details.

It's v1.0.5.0

When I launch MBC from WMC, the screen comes up.  It takes about 5 seconds before I can move through the collections.  When I select a different collection it takes 5-7 seconds to display the covers.  When I go into a collection I use poster view since it displays the most images at one time.  This took about 25 seconds before it went into the Movie collection.  Once in there it only populated about half the covers.  The logo on the bottom right (of the selected movie) takes nearly a minute to update when I highlight a different movie.  When I try and select a movie to paly it just sits there.  It never goes into the move folder to give me the option to play or look at cast...

I have background images disabled for all but the actual movie view since I do not like the constant background changing as you scroll through your movies.  It's very distracting.  So one would think that this would have the benefit of speeding things up too.

Just to rule out any global issues, do you see any of this type of poor performance with the Chocolate theme?

Just to rule out any global issues, do you see any of this type of poor performance with the Chocolate theme?

definitely not!

Next time try it before you buy it.

Uhm....thx ?

Great post.

I did try it, several months ago, but thanks for the awesome post.

Edited by rms8
  • Like 2

I still get an error when I try to "Send" which says:   "The member leedavies cannot receive any new messages"

I was just pinging him for you.  That message I posted will put a notification in his inbox to look at this thread.

I was just pinging him for you.  That message I posted will put a notification in his inbox to look at this thread.

Gotchya.

THX!

Redshirt

As a fellow Dev in the mb community. I'm truly disappointed how this one dev lurks in the shadows. Gone are the days where he would trash other devs in the dev forum where the public can't see. Too bad he can't back up his earlier bravado. Don't you agree @@Soultaker

Edited by Redshirt
  • Like 1

As a fellow Dev in the mb community. I'm truly disappointed how this one dev lurks in the shadows. Gone are the days where he would trash other devs in the dev forum where the public can't see. Too bad he can't back up his earlier bravado. Don't you agree @@Soultaker

oh man...drama sux!

Hope this doesn't turn into more drama.

Just want it to run smoothly.  If that cannot be accomplished, I simply want my $15 back.

politby

Well I also gave up on Lee's themes because of the performance issues and I emailed and asked for a refund. I got a lukewarm bordering on flippant response and no refund. I don't know what's up with this guy...

--

There are two kinds of people. Those who can extrapolate from missing information.

Edited by politby

Well I also gave up on Lee's themes because of the performance issues and I emailed and asked for a refund. I got a lukewarm bordering on flippant response and no refund. I don't know what's up with this guy...

Based on that, the MB folks need to pull his themes.  They definitely do not need to allow people to purchase these things if there are issues and the author is unwilling to help with those.

All,

I am really surprised by leedavies.  I didn't think it would come down to this, but in a nutshell he is saying that the on-die Intel GPU (i3-4130 w/HD4400) is not powerful enough to work with his themes.  If that is the case, then he should put SOME sort of disclaimer/notification that you need a MINIMUM HW Spec of  "XYZ"....

He is only willing to do a partial refund of 25% since I only complained of Aztec not working.  ROC is also having the same issues.  At this point I do not want ANY of his themes.  I am disputing this via Paypal.

From Lee :

"...Aztec is a high-end visual theme for Media Browser and does require sufficiently powerful hardware to run on. I understand from the emails we exchanged over the weekend that your PC is running with an Intel integrated graphics card. That's likely the reason you're seeing a less fluid performance than the other several hundred happy users of Aztec. The same applies to the other user you refer to....There is no fault with my software - the issue is simply that the system you are running Aztec on is lacking in graphics processing power. Install a dedicated graphics card and you'll see the same great experience as the many other users that have emailed me since launch directly to say they love Aztec....I will offer you a 25% refund on the price you paid for my bundle of 4 products. This partial refund reflects that you are not happy with performance of one of the 4 products you purchased."

Edited by rms8

Can one or two of the "several hundred happy users" who have taken the time to email the dev directly please post something out here.  Thanks.

politby

All,

I am really surprised by leedavies. I didn't think it would come down to this, but in a nutshell he is saying that the on-die Intel GPU (i3-4130 w/HD4400) is not powerful enough to work with his themes. If that is the case, then he should put SOME sort of disclaimer/notification that you need a MINIMUM HW Spec of "XYZ"....

He is only willing to do a partial refund of 25% since I only complained of Aztec not working. ROC is also having the same issues. At this point I do not want ANY of his themes. I am disputing this via Paypal.

From Lee :

"...Aztec is a high-end visual theme for Media Browser and does require sufficiently powerful hardware to run on. I understand from the emails we exchanged over the weekend that your PC is running with an Intel integrated graphics card. That's likely the reason you're seeing a less fluid performance than the other several hundred happy users of Aztec. The same applies to the other user you refer to....There is no fault with my software - the issue is simply that the system you are running Aztec on is lacking in graphics processing power. Install a dedicated graphics card and you'll see the same great experience as the many other users that have emailed me since launch directly to say they love Aztec....I will offer you a 25% refund on the price you paid for my bundle of 4 products. This partial refund reflects that you are not happy with performance of one of the 4 products you purchased."

I am calling BS on that one. My system runs an i5-3470 with a GTX750ti and Aztec is unusable...

--

There are two kinds of people. Those who can extrapolate from missing information.

I am calling BS on that one. My system runs an i5-3470 with a GTX750ti and Aztec is unusable...

--

Don't get me wrong, I Love the look and both Aztec and ROC, but I'm not willing to put a dedicated GPU in my HTPC.  The case is a 1U fanless design with heatpipes from the CPU going directly into the finned sides of the case.  Zero noise, and zero space too.

Uhg......

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 9:45 AM
To: rms8@***************
Subject: Your refund request has been declined: Case #PP-003-538-144-411

Hello Robert ,

Crystal Media has declined your request for a $15.00 USD refund to settle this dispute and has posted a new message in the Resolution Center.

Edited by rms8

Make no mistake, the problems of issues Leedavies is not PC performance.

Besides performance or not, particularly I took months trying to Lee Breeze update to show long wide title. titles and EHS issues, I imagine that problem could be solved within minutes but it seems he is not interested in wasting time on finding solutions
Some time ago I'm not interested in anything related to the Lee's themes and I'm using Pearl theme 2$ (it's a shame that @Soultaker not want to update the Theme to take advantage of MB3) I already used for MB2 for years, It  do not have the Improvements of MB3 (disk rolling , chapters ...) but I'm happy with it and I have no problem and will not change until there is a Theme that convinces me.

You've lost 15$?. I lost 30$ for 3 themes but what I paid for that believed in the work of a Dev.

In the future I'll think better before paying.

Edited by ireme