Error on start up: Unhandled exception:

Ianc
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

When Starting up Media Browser Theater, I get the following error;
"Unhandled exception: Type definitions should start with a '{', expecting serialized type 'ServerCredentials', got string starting with:"
I am not really sure if this is a problem with Media Browser Theater or Media Browser Server.
As at today's date, I am running the latest versions of both client (3.0.5427.36363) and Server (3.0.5424.1).

Operating System Win 8.1(x64) (Ver 6.2.9200.0)

Any Assistance much appreciated

5465ef33dc636_Untitled.jpg

crash_29c66ac2-9cb8-4709-b2eb-919f1be16fcf.txt

Edited by Ianc

salphonso

Do your usernames have any commas or apostrophes or any other characters other than letters?  I have not tested if that would matter but just throwing around things that can cause exceptions that I have seen in other programs.

• Solution

try deleting the file servers.json in the mbt program data directory. if you don't know where that is, then uninstall/reinstall is a very easy way.

i will put some handling into the next update to make sure this situation will not happen again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

hi ,

MBT and MBS are both on my htpc but everytime i restart , MBT can't find server ! the only thing i find is to delete everytime servers.json ... MBT seems to connect itself with an unknown ip address in servers.json !

is there a solution ?