MBT seems to be taking longer and longer to start playing anything

Jasoon

Ive been finding that MBT seems to be taking longer and longer to start playing anything be it the trailer at the start of a movie to the movie itself it seems to take ages to start

Looking at the MBT log I've found this:-

Error - InternalDirectShowPlayer: Error adding LAV Video filter
 Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE))
 System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)
    at System.Management.ManagementScope.InitializeGuts(Object o)
    at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
    at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initialize()
    at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()
    at MediaBrowser.Theater.DirectShow.VideoConfigurationUtils.get_GpuModel()
    at MediaBrowser.Theater.DirectShow.DirectShowPlayer.RenderStreams(IBaseFilter pSource, Boolean enableMadvr, Boolean enableMadvrExclusiveMode, Boolean enableXySubFilter)

Could the above have anything to do with it taking ages to start playing anything?

Quick question, are you using integrated graphics? I had the same problem with all of my DTS MKV videos taking roughly 10 seconds to start. I figured it had to be a decoding issue, so I first asked what changed since this started happening. I started using the on board intel HD 2000 in my HTPC, because the picture quality for HD playback is very impressive.

I do not game on my HTPC. I confirmed that I had the latest intel drivers, so that was not the issue. I removed the Intel HD control panel and rebooted. Installed an ATI 6670 that I had laying around, and presto, problem solved. This may or may not help your issue, but I thought I would put this up for those it may help. 

As far as I know im using my graphics card.

its as if its not using lav...

when I try running the same film in windows media player it starts up right away

make sure to configure MBT in the same way you've configured LAV. We are using lav but it's an embedded version and not your installed one. If you're still having a problem I'll see if babgvant can look at it.

Luke do you mean use the same setting in both versions of LAV?

I don't have any way of access the LAV video configuration in MBT, im sure I used to be able to access the settings from inside MBT but its no longer there 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...