OT- Xzener's Dedicated Theater 2.0

Xzener

Xzener

Xzener's Dedicated Theater 2.0

As promissed, here are a couple of in-progress pictures. Fully functioal but still under construction... (Now that Im looking at them, it looks as though I might have bumped the screen crooked)

546951969083d_IMAG0999.jpg

The upper soffit transitions from burgandy to orange... Going for a sunset look. And anyone who knows me knows what happens after sunset in my theaters. Hint, hint. :) The ropelight isnt up yet and nither is the blacklights so, more to come.

546951b93e38a_IMAG1001.jpg

There is a Polk Audio CS10 Center channel and 2 PA Monitor 50's behind the screen wall. Around the room there are 4 Polk Audio 35B's comprising the 7.1 (soon to be 7.2) setup.

Here is a picture of the equipment (Not very good, will try a flash on it... the screen wall is so dark, it eats up all the light). HTPC, AVR, and an Xbox One. Simple and clean. Below the screen you can see the wall mounted Kinect. Under that is an IR Sensor for all the equipment, lighting, etc.

547ff451c1214_IMAG1005_new.jpg

All of the lighting (Minus the soon to be rope lighting and black lights) are LED. I'm disappointed with the dim capabilities of these lights... Might end up trying a Lutron Grafik Eye low voltage module. $$$ permitting. I bought this Grafik Eye used (supposedly broken) for $50. Turns out the owner had the setting incorrect. All 3 zones work perfectly. Save about $600, why these are so expensive I will never know.

Edited by Xzener
  • Like 11

CashMoney

Great stuff Xzener! Very nice setup, and fantastic decor. I'd be very happy to have something even close to that in my house.

• Like 1

Xzener

Very cool.

Are those poster-absorbers like mine?

Yes. They are custom made movie posters with OC703 behind them. Behind the screen wall, Linacoustic floor to ceiling, and believe it or not, the entire soffit is lined with acoustic transparent cloth and is filled with R30.

Xzener

Thanks guys. There will be more seating... Those are the 2 smaller theater seats I bought for the kids. I still have my Berkline seats. Although 4 will not fit in this theater, 3 tops. So 5 all together will be better than my original theater.

Cheesegeezer

Looking Peachy Creamy and thanks for sharing, love the color scheme mate.  Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Nice MBC theme BTW ;)

Great work

• Like 1

Xzener

Star mural complete... Have no idea what it looks like though, I have not bought the black light array yet. LMAO!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Mfusick

Star mural complete... Have no idea what it looks like though, I have not bought the black light array yet. LMAO!!

Where are you thinking of buying them from.  Did he have a recommendation for you ?

Would you mind posting some completed pics when you get it up and running,  and letting me know the cost you ended up paying for it?

Xzener

Well, my last theater had 8 American DJ 4' fixtures. But this time around, I think I will go with a fixture that Jeff with NightSkyMurals suggested. They seem to be lower profile than the American DJ's... He suggested I try fixtures from http://www.slimfluorescent.com. I plan on going with these eventually (after the holidays). Probably looking at around $400 for what I need.

Again, the installation poses a problem with my Lutron Grafic Eye. This time around I will be using a seperate circuit, turing the black lights on and off with a Zwave receptical gadget I can control wirelessly. That way, the third zone will be for the rope lighting only.

Edited by Xzener

• 1 month later...
Xzener

Soon, was skeptical of these fixtures linking together, but they are literally like Legos. Had to order more. Also, after installing the rest of the fixtures, I will be able to install the rope lighting.

• 2 weeks later...
Xzener

The rest of the fixtures came in. My inspiration has been realized. Have to finish installation. Will try and post some pics soon... It's difficult to capture on camera. I'll see what I can do.

• Like 2

Xzener

Pics of ceiling?

Ok @@Mfusick... Finally working on some pictures.

Here are some pics (more to come) of my star mural I created from a stencil kit I bought from Jeff at NightSkyMurals. As mentioned in my previous theater build, it is very difficult to capture these the way they actually look. This one in particular is created with Photoshop using multiple layers. One layer is the room with the lights on, another layer is black lights on, another layer is lights off (long exposure time). The star effect is very close to what is seen with the naked eye.

54d7ea33e2696_Layered.png

Here is another one. This is just two layers, lights on lights off..

54d7f42f89973_Forward.jpg

Edited by Xzener
  • Like 8