Mediabrowser + sickbeard duplicate PID (sickbeard already running?)

Ballistic

Ballistic

Hi All,

Thanks alot for those responsible of making the FreeBSD version of Mediabrowser possible.

I am moving from a Windows based Mediabrowser to a Freebsd machine today and i noticed that Mediabrowser and Sickbeard seem to have a PID conflict.

When running Mediabrowser:

ps aux:
USER                PID  %CPU %MEM     VSZ    RSS TT  STAT STARTED       TIME COMMAND
mediabrowser 66878 145.9  3.2 1006084 797148 ??  S     2:40PM    2:22.26 /usr/local/bin/mono /usr/local/lib/mediabrowser/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/mediabrowser (mono-sgen)

and then trying to start Sickbeard:

root@storage:/usr/local/sickbeard # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickbeard start
sickbeard already running?  (pid=66877).

Debugging:
ps aux |grep 66877
root         66877   0.0  0.0  12092   1332 ??  Is    2:40PM    0:00.00 daemon: /usr/local/bin

What is this daemon? How can we make sure it does interrupt the startup of other deamons like Sickbeard?

Edit: The problem seems to be in the sickbeard init script somewhere. Running Sickbeard manually (python SickBeard.py --daemon) does work fine.
Edited by Ballistic

josh4trunks

this is a problem with the rc.d script you are using. daemon is a utility to start+watch processes that can't normally run unattended.

as you discovered daemon is not needed. see this link for a proper rc.d script that I maintain.

https://github.com/josh4trunks/freenas-plugins/blob/master/ports/multimedia/sickbeard/files/sickbeard.in

Edited by josh4trunks

Ballistic

Thanks you!

The init script isn't working unfortunately.

"/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickbeard: ${%...}: Bad substitution" 

In the script, name has been changed to sickbeard and in rc.conf:

sickbeard_enable="YES"
sickbeard_user="_sabnzbd"
sickbeard_group="sabnzbd"
sickbeard_data_dir="/usr/local/sickbeard"

I don't run sickbeard from a port. It is installed from GIT.