Movies in poster mode not clickable

Wackychimp

Wackychimp

I'm running MB through WMC and am up to date on versions.

When I view my movies in "poster mode" the covers are visible but grayed out.  I can't click on any of them and MB basically freezes.  I have to close out of WMC and restart it to even be able to use MB again.

This isn't the case when viewing by genre.  Everything works fine and I can see my movies. 

I've tried restarting the machine and just restarting MBserver.  Neither makes an impact. Can't think of what else you might need to know about my setup but 

Any thoughts?

Wackychimp

Thanks!

MB Server Version 3.0.5424.1

MB Classic 3.0.224.0

Not getting an error message at all. Just covers aren't clickable.

Attached is a log from today. I restarted so hopefully it will only have relevant info in there.

I only had 1 plugin installed (WMCServer) and I took that off to see if that was the problem.  Still getting the error.

Screen captures below...  First one shows selections darkened and not clickable.  Second shows the genre view where everything's great.

http://imgur.com/a/2FWli

Any help would be appreciated. :)

server-63551930164.txt

Edited by Wackychimp

Are you on a 4:3 monitor?

Can the tool bar get focus so that you can bring up the view configuration?  If so, try changing the size of the posters.

Can you create focus using a mouse?

Wackychimp

Yes, these screen captures were done on a 4:3 monitor because I didn't want to fire up the attached 16:9 projector.

I cannot get focus on the toolbar with a remote or a mouse. The mouse works fine, it's just that everything in that window seems to go inactive. Only thing I can click on is the green button of WMC and the close and minimize buttons in the upper right.

Wackychimp

Sorry... it's been a while since I could get back to this.

Attached are logs after rebooting machine, installing the new update I was prompted to install (Version 3.0.5424.1) and then opening poster view and leaving it for 12 minutes - everything's still unclickable.

I'm attaching 2 server logs - the server-63552551603 log is post-update to Ver. 3.0.5424.1

The other is before the update if that helps.

Also including 3 MB-classic logs from today (11/25/14). Hope these help.

Thanks for any advice or direction you can give.

server-63552530853.txt

server-63552551603.txt

MBClassic-2511201406ec76dcd9d24505acb8c06beffcd4bc.log

MBClassic-Msi.log

Migration-25112014a2d5cd298b0e4927944020332734260b.log

Are you still doing all of this on a 4:3 monitor?  This definitely looks like a weird focus issue that can sometimes happen with odd screen sizes and certain poster sizes.  But, usually, you can force focus with the mouse and then get to the view menu and reduce the image size.

If that doesn't work, then try selecting a different theme.  If it allows you to get into that same view, use its controls to reduce the poster size slightly and then try going back to Chocolate.

Wackychimp

Ok it's working fine when sent through my 16:9 projector.  It's only on my 4:3 monitor in my equipment closet where I'm not able to get focus.

I don't know if this counts as solved but I'm at least able to get around the error.  Thanks for your help.  I'll be donating to MB soon. It's good to know there's a support community available.   ;)

Yeah, 4:3 is a problem in some instances and I simply don't take the time to test everything on it because that format is basically non-existent in monitors today - especially ones people will be watching media on.  So, I stopped limiting our designs to that constraint.

Glad you got it figured out but changing the poster sizes may help it work on the 4:3 system as well.