MBC and Connect

ebr

Well, that is not related to the configurator but I'm not sure yet if I'm going to implement Connect in MBC.  MBC isn't really very good with remote content because it was never really designed for that.

ernstgot

Is there any plan to update this so we could use Classic with the new Connect log in abilities.  Currently I remotely connect to my server from another location and sometimes my ISP gives me a new IP address.

AdrianW

I dont see where it is found in Theater

On the initial sign in screen there should be a "Sign in with Media Browser Connect" icon to right of your user icons and the Change Server icon - if you've previously ticked the "Remember me" checkbox, you'll need to select "Logout" (from the menu button at the top right) to get back to the login screen.

OT: but is there a way to disable (i.e. remove) the Change Server and Media Browser Connect icons - I'm never going to use them.

Edited by AdrianW

• 2 weeks later...

On the initial sign in screen there should be a "Sign in with Media Browser Connect" icon to right of your user icons and the Change Server icon - if you've previously ticked the "Remember me" checkbox, you'll need to select "Logout" (from the menu button at the top right) to get back to the login screen.

OT: but is there a way to disable (i.e. remove) the Change Server and Media Browser Connect icons - I'm never going to use them.

So this is a problem I'm having. I automatically sign in to the server, but I just bought a new laptop and am trying the Windows 8.1 app and it's asking me to login. I don't remember my username or password. I tried the reset, but that just resets my community/forum one (which I have set to log me in from Twitter) When I'm in the server area, it only gives me the server name - is that my username?? I have tried before to figure out what my login info was, but I'm not finding anything that helps. My Android app used to take the address and that worked, so again, automatically pulls up the server name without having to enter it in manually.

I don't want to log out, as I won't be able to log back in!

Anyone know how to find the username/email address and password in order to log in to the server?

Go to configure server from the tray icon on the server machine and reset your password once you're in.

• 3 months later...
Gina66

So I created a post about this as I knew this would happen. I reformatted my computer and as I figured, I now can not log in to the server. I don't remember my username (which would at least make resetting the password easier), so I can't login to the server even after I've installed it. I don't understand why this process isn't simpler; yes, maybe having an actual server would help (I don't, it's just my little desktop and laptop here), but updates and upgrades would pretty much state that a reformat or new pc purchase would cause this to happen.

Again, every time I go to reset my password, it just resets the forum password. My laptop can log in fine, however it obviously doesn't see the server online because I can't log in. Reinstalling it only takes me to basically installing for the first time; again, I wouldn't have an issue if I hadn't paid for things, like themes and become a supporter. I don't want to have to purchase stuff I've already purchased just because there isn't an easy system to log in and out of the server.

Anyone help?

i would just go through the first time setup of the server, you will not need to re-purchase anything. it will walk you through what you need to do.