shaefurr

shaefurr

5476a25f31f67_XBMB3CLOGO.jpg

Video of XBMB3C using the Titan skin.

[Youtube]

[/Youtube] Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 2

buddyweiser

I notice that when you viewed game of thrones it took quite some time for the theme video to load. Why is that? Also I see that when you click on games it launches steam. Does xbmb3c not support gamebrowser3?

Sent using my G3

shaefurr

The themes seem to not start playing until you sit on a movie for 3 seconds or so, not sure if its a bug or if its changeable? But it also lags for a second after you move to a new movie and the old theme stops playing, again maybe just a bug since im using all beta versions.

And I have no idea if it supports gamebrowser, I only started using xbmb3c yesterday so I just used the steam launcher to make my life easier :P

I did mention the part that the themes lag in the kodi thread already, just didn't get a reply to it yet.

Edited by shaefurr

buddyweiser

I see. I'm building a new htpc and was considering going Linux with xbmb3c to save a bit of money.

Sent using my G3

shaefurr

You can still use the advanced launcher, it works just fine and has plenty of game support if you want to launch games from xbmc.

I just tried it out and it works fine, was hoping it would allow the xbmb3c games to launch as well, but it doesn't. Only problem with launching games with gamebrowser is I cant find a way to set up the emulators or external players. I think Red would need to develop something for it to get it working? I mean MBC has its own gamebrowser plugin, and MBT has external players, maybe theres a way to get it working but I haven't found it.

I've considered going linux for years, but never do since it sadly just doesn't have linux versions of all the games I want to play yet.

Edited by shaefurr

buddyweiser

That's a good point, I haven't considered the Linux compatability for the programs I would need. Xpadder is the main one I think, as I don't use an ir remote.

Sent using my G3

shaefurr

Yeah, I mean I play a ton of MMOs which most aren't made under linux. I know they have WINE for running windows programs under linux, but I just didnt want to deal with it. Any game made for the OS is just going to run better without an emulator. Im not super knowledgeable about Linux, I only use it on my USB drive so I can stick it on other PCs if im out and about. Nice to have my own little PC in my pocket.

FYI they dont have a linux version of xpadder, though they do have other similar programs.

Edited by shaefurr