3D Backdrop for EHS

Heckler

Heckler

Has anyone got some good suggestions for a nice backdrop for my new 3D movies collection... Got the folder and thumb icons, but really need some backdrops.

Most of my other backdrops on the EHS have a red theme to them.

Also... I cannot get a backdrop to show up for the 'movies by genre'... added a folder/image named the same to the images folder but not showing up. Everything else can be adjusted through the browser manager... except for that.

buddyweiser

Has anyone got some good suggestions for a nice backdrop for my new 3D movies collection... Got the folder and thumb icons, but really need some backdrops.

Most of my other backdrops on the EHS have a red theme to them.

Also... I cannot get a backdrop to show up for the 'movies by genre'... added a folder/image named the same to the images folder but not showing up. Everything else can be adjusted through the browser manager... except for that.

That and favorites. @@shaefurr has a few really nice looking 3d backdrops in disparity thread, and there are a couple of forums around here detailing the ibn location and naming convention to add backdrop and primary images. I'm on my phone right now but a quick forum search should help you out.

Sent using my G3

Heckler

Yeah, I've just been looking at the disparity thread... Some stunning backdrops there. I'd love to replace all of mine with them. But I have more of a red theme going which matches the decor in the room.  :)

If only he could be convinced to do them all in red just for little old me.  :)

buddyweiser

Yeah, I've just been looking at the disparity thread... Some stunning backdrops there. I'd love to replace all of mine with them. But I have more of a red theme going which matches the decor in the room.  :)

If only he could be convinced to do them all in red just for little old me.  :)

He has quite a few in red, I'm sure he still has them. In the beginning he did all of them in green red yellow and blue I think, and stuck with blue.

shaefurr

Yeah I originally was doing other colors, I stopped just to keep the size of the download down. I'll convert the entire disparity set to red and post it up later today if I get a chance.

• Like 1

Heckler

I wasn't seriously asking you to do that mate... please don't take time out specifically to do them, only if you're sure and have the time to spare. I really don't expect you to actually do them just for me... But if you do, you have my heartfelt gratitude.

I really do need to learn how to use photoshop properly. I've got CS6 here.

shaefurr

It's easy its just an automated script in PhotoShop, I already made 6 other colors, doing a couple more and ill post em up

Sent from my lumia icon

• Like 1

shaefurr

I wasn't seriously asking you to do that mate... please don't take time out specifically to do them, only if you're sure and have the time to spare. I really don't expect you to actually do them just for me... But if you do, you have my heartfelt gratitude.

I really do need to learn how to use photoshop properly. I've got CS6 here.

Updated the original post in the disparity thread, now has 7 more colors, hope they work out :)

• Like 1

Heckler

Those are really nice @@ronvp if it's ok with you, could I ask @@shaefurr to work his disparity magic on them... well the red one for me and if possible add an s to the 3D movie text.  :)

Those are really nice @@ronvp if it's ok with you, could I ask @@shaefurr to work his disparity magic on them... well the red one for me and if possible add an s to the 3D movie text.  :)

Feel free to modify the images as much as you like.  As to the grammar:

For Genres (Movies or Music), you would normally not use Plural and none of the regular Genres are plural  i.e.: Thriller and not Thrillers.  so I believe "3D Movie" is correct. 

Edited by ronvp

BTW, while we are on this subject(s) :D  here is another image you can use as a custom overlay in the coverart plugin. There are also a few examples how it looks when Coverart has done its magic.

5475135c76fd2_3D.png

547513c79a9fd_Capture.jpg

547514bf8c8b4_Capture1.jpg

Edited by ronvp
  • Like 1

Heckler

Feel free to modify the images as much as you like.  As to the grammar:

For Genres (Movies or Music), you would normally not use Plural and none of the regular Genres are plural  i.e.: Thriller and not Thrillers.  so I believe "3D Movie" is correct. 

I don't consider 3D movies to be a genre, so it would never be used in the Movies by Genre' category anyway. But I do have Folders for HD Movies, SD Movies and 3D Movies... and need folder images for those 3.

I don't consider 3D movies to be a genre, so it would never be used in the Movies by Genre' category anyway. But I do have Folders for HD Movies, SD Movies and 3D Movies... and need folder images for those 3.

Let me see if I can change it..  I kinda like having the custom 3D Movie genre, so I can keep all my movies in a single folder..

Here is what I whipped up, a 3D Movies backdrop and a disparity look. I am afraid it does not look as good as disparity, but it will get you by until @shaefurr has time to make it look better

547615042643d_3DMovies.jpg

54761559a373b_3Dred.jpg

• Like 1

shaefurr

Sorry took me a while to get back to this, you wanted red? wasn't sure so there's both in the zip. https://www.mediafire.com/?b74v964xwzahoqs

54761a547a4cf_prev1.jpg  54761a5b0493e_prev2.jpg  547619141e129_prev3.jpg  5476191997a70_prev4.jpg

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 2

Heckler

Any chance you could work your magic on these images.   :)

On this one, just the curtains in red... but not quite as bright

Cinema_1920x1080.jpg

On this one, could you pick out the centre or bits of the centre characters in red

HD-Testcard-original.jpg

and finally... this one, but perhaps just highlighting the lights on the walls and take the shine out of the screen, it's far to bright.

index.jpg

If you think they'd look better another way, please do with them as you wish... and please use them in various colours in the downloads so everyone can make use of them.

Edited by Heckler

shaefurr

Any chance you could work your magic on these images.   :)

On this one, just the curtains in red... but not quite as bright

On this one, could you pick out the centre or bits of the centre characters in red

and finally... this one, but perhaps just highlighting the lights on the walls and take the shine out of the screen, it's far to bright.

If you think they'd look better another way, please do with them as you wish... and please use them in various colours in the downloads so everyone can make use of them.

Sure thing, finishing up some game icons then ill do them

• Like 1

Heckler

Let me see if I can change it..  I kinda like having the custom 3D Movie genre, so I can keep all my movies in a single folder..

I do actually keep all my 3D movies in a single folder, But I have it separate from my other movie folders and accessed from the EHS... I am quite pedantic about what is allowed as a genre, I get quite annoyed at the gazillion variations that people add to movie info... along with a seemingly unending various ways to say science fiction. People seem to be unable to grasp the difference between a category and a genre.

For example... 3D is a category, as is Film Noir... they aren't genres.

I also can't stand it when people label movies as 'chick flick' or some other kind of variation... it's actually kind of insulting to assume that only women (they're not chicks) would like certain types of movies... Just leave them under romance and drama please.  :)

I could go on and on and on about the terrible way metadata is organised... It's so bad, that I run genre cleaner, studio cleaner to auto eliminate most of the bad stuff... But I also manually go through every single new movie and TV show I add to correct the data. Some of the truly dreadful overviews I have seen written for movies is shocking... No attempt at proper sentence structure nor the basic grasp of what an overview/synopsis should be about. Some of them are mini novellas complete with the entire plot outline and spoilers

I used to try and correct bad info on the site... I gave up after a frustrating 4 or 5 yrs of attempting it because you'd just get these morons adding and changing it again. So I stick to making it right on a local level.

I do actually keep all my 3D movies in a single folder, But I have it separate from my other movie folders and accessed from the EHS... I am quite pedantic about what is allowed as a genre, I get quite annoyed at the gazillion variations that people add to movie info... along with a seemingly unending various ways to say science fiction. People seem to be unable to grasp the difference between a category and a genre.

For example... 3D is a category, as is Film Noir... they aren't genres.

I also can't stand it when people label movies as 'chick flick' or some other kind of variation... it's actually kind of insulting to assume that only women (they're not chicks) would like certain types of movies... Just leave them under romance and drama please.  :)

I could go on and on and on about the terrible way metadata is organised... It's so bad, that I run genre cleaner, studio cleaner to auto eliminate most of the bad stuff... But I also manually go through every single new movie and TV show I add to correct the data. Some of the truly dreadful overviews I have seen written for movies is shocking... No attempt at proper sentence structure nor the basic grasp of what an overview/synopsis should be about. Some of them are mini novellas complete with the entire plot outline and spoilers

I used to try and correct bad info on the site... I gave up after a frustrating 4 or 5 yrs of attempting it because you'd just get these morons adding and changing it again. So I stick to making it right on a local level.

Metadata is in the eyes of the beholder. Clearly, the fact that this large variety exists, implies that we do not all like it the same way. You need to organize the way you like it.

The problem with tossing all your 3D movies in a single directory is when you are browsing your movies and say you have a boxset from Harry Potter and 2 of those movies are in 3D, then if you click on the boxset, your 3D movies would not show up in that collection. By using the Genre as a method to isolate your 3D movies, you do not need to workaround any organization issues and can keep boxsets/collections together in a single directory and if you do like to see all your 3D movies grouped together, you just select the 3D genre.

Heckler

Metadata is in the eyes of the beholder. Clearly, the fact that this large variety exists, implies that we do not all like it the same way. You need to organize the way you like it.

The problem with tossing all your 3D movies in a single directory is when you are browsing your movies and say you have a boxset from Harry Potter and 2 of those movies are in 3D, then if you click on the boxset, your 3D movies would not show up in that collection. By using the Genre as a method to isolate your 3D movies, you do not need to workaround any organization issues and can keep boxsets/collections together in a single directory and if you do like to see all your 3D movies grouped together, you just select the 3D genre.

If I have a 3D copy of a movie, it's in addition to a 2D copy on my server, so there's no chance of that happening...

Besides... I'm not a fan of 3D at all, I refuse to watch them in the cinema. The only ones I would consider are those filmed in 3D originally and not those that have had the 3D process applied afterwards ... I still think it's a gimmick and it's never going to take of for TV... Which is why Sky in the UK stopped their TV experiment and at this time only have a single 3D movie channel. 3D was the movie industries answer to downloading... It's the exact same trick they tried when TV became popular and they said it would threaten the movie industry, and they tried it again in the 80's when they claimed that home video recorders would ruin the movie industry.

I've lived through one attempt at 3D movies...not interested in yet another cynical attempt to charge more for seeing a movie on a big screen.

Now IMAX on the other hand... I'd certainly go to those, but sadly there's isn't am IMAX within 50 or more miles of where I live.

I got a new TV last week that happens to be 3D, so I'm considering buying a pair of glasses and testing it out on a few things I downloaded... But I certainly won't be buying any 3D movies.

Not liking 3D is a different thing altogether. I really like it and with the right TV (Bigger Screen = Better 3D) it look really good and enhances the whole experience.. I have quite a few 3D movies (40+) and grouping them by using a genre just work for me.

Edited by ronvp