Synology support?

LehighBri

LehighBri

I noticed the support for additional platforms growing significantly over the past couple weeks.  Are there any plans to support Synology (which is a NAS based on linux)?

• Like 3

I have been hoping for an announcement of a DSM release, the lack of MB3 server is all that's preventing me from moving my server from W7 to xpenology.

rvmourik

Hi,

Any news on this subject?

Tried to do it manually tonight on a Synology, I think it's missing some dependencies. It starts (with some errors in the console) but the web interface is responding. Library scan goes "okay", but playing media is not working.

Maybe it helps somehow  :)

Thanks in advance.

Robbert

• Like 1

What news? it becomes news when someone decides to help out and figure out how to get it done. We're all working together here. So perhaps maybe you can start a new topic with your research so far, and others might jump in and help move the ball further.

rvmourik

Luke,

I'm not some passive guy requesting for something, otherwise i would have posted my preliminary findings (after trying it myself). 

Sadly i'm not a linux expert so i don't know if i am going to get it to work properly.

If i think my findings are enough i will post a new topic for other people to jump in.