Win8.1 MB Classic w/VLC - MBC crashes after 5 sec of video playback

nigeltrevor

nigeltrevor

Hi, I have just set up a new installation of Windows 8.1 and bought the Media Center addon so I could continue to use the Media Browser classic like I used to do under Win7.

Everything has gone well, except whenever I try and start playing video using VLC (using VLC 2.1.0, and configured as VLC using Media Browser Configurator) Media Browser crashes without approx. 5 seconds of the video playing, meaning it's not available when the video has finished playing (it's minimised with a Media Browser crashed error) and also Media Browser cannot resume any videos as it does not know presumably how far it got as it crashed.

I attach both event log errors that occur and also the MBClassic log which contains some information I think should be useful.

The crux of the issue seems to be

Error connecting to VLC playlist url ( Exception.  Type=System.NotSupportedException Msg=WebClient does not support concurrent I/O operations. Src=System Method=ClearWebClientState

However I'm not quite sure what why it can't connect to the VLC playlist or what this error may be caused by or fixed by.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Event Viewer - .NET.txt

Event Viewer - Application Error.txt

MBClassic-20112014f6c54dfd2cee4d99b8e6913bb4de8f3a.log