Smart Playlist

wex101

I absolutely love my MB3 kodi setup but so desperately miss the smartplaylist feature of using Kodi native library.  With such a huge collection of movies, going through and manually adding video by video into a playlist is far too time consuming and is far to easy to make mistakes.  Is this a feature that is coming?

IE: I like my movies window to scroll through a widget playlist of only movies that have been rated 8 stars or above on IMDB.  A smartplaylist allows this list to become autoupdated as more content is added into my collection.  Additionally the feature to randomize the playlist as in Kodi is great for the variety.

saitoh183

I absolutely love my MB3 kodi setup but so desperately miss the smartplaylist feature of using Kodi native library.  With such a huge collection of movies, going through and manually adding video by video into a playlist is far too time consuming and is far to easy to make mistakes.  Is this a feature that is coming?

IE: I like my movies window to scroll through a widget playlist of only movies that have been rated 8 stars or above on IMDB.  A smartplaylist allows this list to become autoupdated as more content is added into my collection.  Additionally the feature to randomize the playlist as in Kodi is great for the variety.

For now i use Favorites

• 2 months later...

Any update on how far out from this we are? Or even being able to just point mediabrowser to a playlist file generated elsewhere world be huge

steve1977

Agree. Actually, for music I would even prefer to use itunes or other playlists to use existing ones. For movies, I would prefer MBS specific playlists.

If this finds your interest, would be great if you can pile on my feature request for supporting itunes playlists: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/15898-mbs-importing-itunes-playlists/

• 2 years later...