Gamebrowser Mame artwork

heula
Go to solution Solved by c0m3r,

Been busy setting up Gamebrowser for the last few days and noticed that not all artwork is avalable for all game consoles and games.

I have a large collection of Mame games that has all the artwork in a folder called artwork that is part of the mame structure taht is used to play in the mamegui.

Can this artwork be used for gamebrowser in MBC as well.

I have downloaded the "Download Service Utility" from the emumovies website and that downloads the same artwork that I already have.

Can all this downloaded artwork with this tool be used with gamebrowser for MBC?

thanks.

The way I did this was to create a BAT file to rename all the artwork you currently have to the 'title-poster.jpg' format and then place these in your rom folder. MB will then pick these up after a media scan.

I would like that. Thanks.

The code I used was:

FOR %%A IN (*.png) DO REN "%%~fA" "%%~nA-poster.jpg"

Make a BAT using that and then run it in the directory where all your cover art is. Your cover art will need to be just the name of the game though for it to work, not sure how files are named from emumovies.

• Like 1

The code I used was:

FOR %%A IN (*.png) DO REN "%%~fA" "%%~nA-poster.jpg"

Make a BAT using that and then run it in the directory where all your cover art is. Your cover art will need to be just the name of the game though for it to work, not sure how files are named from emumovies.

Thanks, will give it a try.

Thanks, will give it a try.

Works great for mame images. The only thing is when I want to use it for other consoles that has all games in (sub)folders the batch doesn't process the images. How can the batch be adjusted so it does process all the images that are in subfolders too?

Thanks again.

shaefurr

You can try this, it might be a bit off as its off the top of my head, but it should work on subfolders as well.

for /r %%x in (*.png) do ren "%%x" "%%~nA-poster.jpg"

Edited by shaefurr

You can try this, it might be a bit off as its off the top of my head, but it should work on subfolders as well.

for /r %%x in (*.png) do ren "%%x" "%%~nA-poster.jpg"

This batch does rename the files in the subfolders like this.

"%~nA-poster.jpg" 

• Solution

The below should work. Make sure you change the root folder.

for /d %%A in ("your root folder\*") do @for %%B in ("%%A\*.png") do @for /f "tokens=1* delims=_0" %%C in ("%%~nB") do ren "%%B" "%%~nxA-poster.jpg"

• Like 1

The below should work. Make sure you change the root folder.

for /d %%A in ("your root folder\*") do @for %%B in ("%%A\*.png") do @for /f "tokens=1* delims=_0" %%C in ("%%~nB") do ren "%%B" "%%~nxA-poster.jpg"

Thanks, works great now.