MBS - Device List Sort & Memory

Latchmor

Latchmor

Hi, could we get the new Device friendly names section to be sortable? Also, being on Chrome Dev, every time it updates I get a new device. It would be handy if it remembered which 'device' the Chrome install is on without using the version number as part of the process in deciding if it's a new device or not.

Cheers  ;)

Edited by Latchmor
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
saitoh183

Would it be possible to have a task that cleans the list based on last login. This would eliminate old browser builds and not forces us to manually clean out 50+ devices. I have over 15 users that connect via different means. So you can imagine how the device section fills up with useless device after awhile.

Also is there any way to get friendly names to follow devices If use is using Chrome, regardless of the version, i would like the name to stay the same and not have to set it every time the Chrome version changes. Right now as it stands, Device section is pretty much a useless feature since it requires such high maintenance to make it a valuable feature. 

new browsers don't show up anymore in devices, but you'll need to clean out existing ones manually.

saitoh183

new browsers don't show up anymore in devices, but you'll need to clean out existing ones manually.

ah ok...what does show up now? only 1 version of chrome?

Edited by saitoh183

i don't know what that means. 

what shows up in devices now are only devices that can be uniquely identified. since we can't uniquely identify a device based on the browser, they will not show up at all anymore.

saitoh183

i don't know what that means. 

what shows up in devices now are only devices that can be uniquely identified. since we can't uniquely identify a device based on the browser, they will not show up at all anymore.

Ah ok, that explains it, But does this apply to the Roku as well?

saitoh183

no, we can identify roku

Ok, i will try it cuz i havent seen my roku in my list yet since i have gotten it

yea there's an issue in the current stable release causing some devices to never appear. will be resolved in the next one.