Zip files added to library

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Recently zip files have been added to my library. This only started with the latest release. These files have been in folders for some time and were never added to the library before.

post-2728-0-87126100-1416730139_thumb.jpg

Is this a bug? How can I remove these without actually removing the files? I guess I could unzip them and remove the files, but I do think they shouldn't be added to the library either way.

Thanks...

I believe support for zip files was added in the last release at the request of some users who keep their media in zip files.

Tim Hobbs

Oh, thanks for the info. I wound up just extracting the SRT files and deleting the zips anyway, but it is still good to know.

I have my metadata backed up in RAR files in each movies directory, i hope RAR files have not been add to. I have not seen any issues yet but have not looked that close. I will let you know if i find any issues.

I back it up so in case one of the programs that scan these movies messes up i can quickly restore the old data.

I must say so far MB3 has been very good and the metadata it gets automatically is the best of all the programs i have used.

i think you might end up having a problem. most apps now are recognizing zips and rars as media and so this is really just to bring us in line. so we're not really doing anything out of the norm here. if you're putting metadata in rars, you might want to rethink that and possibly mass rename them to some custom file extension of your own creation, and then associate winrar with that.

Well i have not seen any issues but i changed my bat file to rar all metadata files into a one rar file in the base directory with full path info to each set of metadata.

rem Create RAR file, directory should be two deep movies\moviestype\moviesname\moviesfile.avi
rem run bat file in movies directory and rar files will be created in movies directory
rem or run at root of E: and do all directorys like Movies\movivename and Tvshows\TVshowname
for /D %%I in (*.*) do "E:\Postings\rar.exe" u -ep2 -r -sl500000 -m5 "%%~fI\%%~nI-metadata" "%%~fI\*.*"

Edited by Rainey