Pure Jongo, sounds like a Sonos Killer

jamvids

jamvids

Has anyone out there had any experience of the Pure Jongo wifi and Bluetooth multi room effort? Looks brilliant and you can use your existing audio equipment and add DAB, teamed up with MB3 this could be the poor man's answer to Sonos and even kick it's bum. Any thoughts?

politby

I had a brief look and it looks like unless you use their own music service, you have to stream from the Android/iOS device using Bluetooth, with all the pairing hassles and other shortcomings.

I suggest you take a look at the Raumfeld system from Teufel Audio which is much better integrated with the various music sources and does not use Bluetooth.

I use the Raumfeld Connector and it is quite brilliant.

--

There are two kinds of people. Those who can extrapolate from missing information.

jamvids

Very good, but I have answered my own question, I have to work on a budget, and for 50 quid I had to try it, so here is MB3 playing on the Pure connect app

43fa842e6679eb660c56c50f8cb9c735.jpg

5c8d5f407c186203e792cd3195ee0d69.jpg

This is via WiFi, and the bluetooth works great too. Can't wait for crimbo for the second one to arrive. So yes I have multiroom audio in one room at the moment so the proof of the pudding is yet to come but I have heard good things. Maybe black Friday will throw up a deal.

• Like 1

jamvids

The Raumfeld one is half the price of sonos, and pure is a third of the price of that, though there is no line in on this which was a sticking point for me but the DLNA works great, though there is no trebble or bass apart for on the speakers you can buy. You can get a DAB that will slot into this system too.

• 1 year later...
Kabali

I got a Pure Jongo S3 wireless speaker. The Pure application on Android fails to open up everytime emby is running. I have to shut down the emby server in order to access Pure to set up the speaker or to stream. What am I doing wrong?

jamvids

Nothing, it worked great initially, I used it for over a year and no problems. Then that started happening. I got on to their technical people who told me that it wasn't DLNA certified. I used it over Bluetooth from that point which was still good for multi room. You could use emby sync if you want to use their app (still good for radio) or bluetooth with the Emby app. I have recently replaced my jongos for Chromecast Audio which is just awesome and cheap. If you have a line in on the Jongo that would be my preferable option. Are you in the UK? How does the speaker sound?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Kabali

I just figured that if I switch off the DLNA server option within emby, my pure app doesnt crash. But that means Jongo is only a bluetooth speaker :-( 

The speaker is just awesome. Amazing crystal clear sound that fills the room. I am in India.