Library scanning stops at 1st level - intended behaviour?

Griffo

I have a large amount of recorded TV which has various levels of metadata depending on what what was provided in the guide. Most of it is in season folders, but some episodes may not be if the guide data was not particularly good that day.

I've added it under a "Home Video" library so that MB3 doesn't attempt to put it into shows etc, i'm happy to browse this under a "folder" format.

However i've noticed that if there is a video in the base of the show folder, then the recordings in the season folders are not imported.

For instance if i have the following

\TV Series\ShowName\EpisodeName-Date.MP4

\TV Series\ShowName\Season 1\EpisodeName-S01E02-Date.MP4

\TV Series\ShowName\Season 2\EpisodeName-S02E02-Date.MP4

\TV Series\ShowName\Season 3\EpisodeName-S03E02-Date.MP4

Then ONLY the first video is shown in the library. If I delete this file, on next scan it will then list the 3 Season sub-folders with all of their videos listed.

Is this intended behaviour or a bug? If it's intended I guess I can write a script to move stuff into an "unknown season" folder but wanted to check first.

Thanks

It is clashing with the convention of a single movie in one folder. Since people often have extra junk sub-folders in their movie folders, it is seeing Season 1, 2,3 and assuming that. It can be improved at some point. For now you might just want to make sure they're all consistent - either all in subfolders, or all not.

• Like 1