missing some images - metadata editor shows placeholder but 'undefined x undefined'

bob808

I have some movies that have been added to my library - the text metadata appears to have been updated, and if I look at the images pane I can see a box underneath primary, banner, art etc - but all of these are empty with text inside reading 'undefined x undefined'.

If I click on the cloud button I can view online images and press download, but this still just presents the 'undefined x undefined' message rather than the selected art.

For titles not affected by this I can see the art ok and change it without an issue.

Anything I should look at first on this?  I am using autocoverart and boxsets with my server.

Does anyone else get this?  Its not on all movies, and in some with this error for the top images, normally the backdrop images are all ok.  It doesn't seem to have a pattern either - some old movies that used to show covers don't anymore, and some new films are ok, others not so.

Thanks

bob808

try refreshing the item with the option to replace all images. if i had to guess, i would say the image files are there but either corrupt, or the server is having difficulty reading them for some reason.

hmm - nope, that didn't change anything... I even deleted the 'images' that said the undefinedxundefined and then refreshed - it downloads images again - but they are still coming up the same, or I can click the cloud button, select any of the ones in there (they all show ok) and when I pick one to download, I still cant see it.

Any other info or details I can provide?  Its times like this I get the urge to do something rash like a complete clean install to fix this kind of thing!

I found the problem - my movie drive had run out of space, so it wasn't downloading the images properly - fixed and now I can sort on a film by film basis doing advanced refresh, replace pictures.

Is there a way to do this in bulk rather than one by one - a simple refresh doesn't pull in the images so it needs to be the advanced one..

Happy2Play

Is there a way to do this in bulk rather than one by one - a simple refresh doesn't pull in the images so it needs to be the advanced one..

Click on the parent folder (ie movies) in metadata manager and perform advanced refresh.  This will refresh all movies.

• 4 months later...
bumbibob

I also encountered this problem and the fault was all mine.

I've created a Debian server where I stored all my files and another that runs Emby and due to permission problems Emby could create the image files and subs on the file server, but couldn't store anything in them, so I got a bunch of files with only 0kb. When I changed the configuration to store images on the Emby server instead, the faulty images on the file server was still there and messed up everything. You could delete the files when you edit metadata one by one, but it was a slow process so I ended up deleting them with explorer.