HockeyStreams channel that can work on all apps

Killervette

Killervette

Would love a hockeystreams or nhl gamecenter channel that will work via dlna or Samsung smart tv app. Would donate for it as well. Thanks.

• Like 2

hamstercat

I looked at NHL GameCenter, but they didn't seem to have a public API available (+ they seem to blackout some games, which is a big turnoff to me). As for HockeyStreams, they do have an API so I could do something about it, however I don't have a subscription and gonna need one if I want to test during development.

Killervette

I looked at NHL GameCenter, but they didn't seem to have a public API available (+ they seem to blackout some games, which is a big turnoff to me). As for HockeyStreams, they do have an API so I could do something about it, however I don't have a subscription and gonna need one if I want to test during development.

I am willing to provide a subscription to you for testing. Just let me know when your ready to test. The only way it will work for me is through dlna to my Samsung TV. The smart tv app doesn't support channels yet.

Edited by Killervette

Killervette

Here are some features I thoug would be nice. Just a suggestion.

Favorite team option so that your favorite team is easy to find and/or a way to filter by team only.

An upcoming schedule to see what games are upcoming.

A way to select only show HD or SD to filter out what you don't want.

• Like 1

hamstercat

That's great! I don't have any time this weekend, but next week I'll be able to pick up on it. I already have a start, I started one for BallStreams but had to stop without a subscription and the API looks exactly the same. Do you know if they have any other sports than basket and hockey? I'll start with hockey, but I may as well put as many as I can while I have a subscription.

Your ideas are good too, but I'll start with a first simplified version and will expand from there. It'll be easier than tackling everything at once.

Killervette

That's great! I don't have any time this weekend, but next week I'll be able to pick up on it. I already have a start, I started one for BallStreams but had to stop without a subscription and the API looks exactly the same. Do you know if they have any other sports than basket and hockey? I'll start with hockey, but I may as well put as many as I can while I have a subscription.

Your ideas are good too, but I'll start with a first simplified version and will expand from there. It'll be easier than tackling everything at once.

Perfect.  I only know of hockey and basketball from them.   can we keep this project opensource as well? let me know when your ready for a subscription....i can just paypal you the cash.

hamstercat

Both basket and hockey should be the same, however I'll go with what subscription I can get my hand on to test. Both of these channels will be located on github, in the official MediaBrowser.Channels project like my previous two channels. I'll let you know when I need the subscription, like I said it should be somewhere next week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
hamstercat

I'm finally ready to start working on this, let me know if you're still interested in donating a subscription. I'll dust off the code I wrote a while ago for that in the meantime.

• Like 1

Killervette

I'm finally ready to start working on this, let me know if you're still interested in donating a subscription. I'll dust off the code I wrote a while ago for that in the meantime.

Yep, let me know what you need

hamstercat

I think I could do it with a 1 week subscription, but to be sure I'd ask for one of 1 month to make sure everything is done before it ends. Would suck having to subscribe twice because I didn't finish in time.

Killervette

I think I could do it with a 1 week subscription, but to be sure I'd ask for one of 1 month to make sure everything is done before it ends. Would suck having to subscribe twice because I didn't finish in time.

Ok. You want to sign up and for me to reimburse you through PayPal? If not, what do you want me to do.

Edited by Killervette

hamstercat

Yep that's fine, I think it should be around 23-24$ canadian, I've sent a request for an invite on hockeystreams.com.

Edit: I can't find how to make a Paypal button, so here's a direct link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=P9US6VSW7WNP6&lc=CA&item_name=hamstercat&currency_code=CAD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

Edited by hamstercat

Killervette

Yep that's fine, I think it should be around 23-24$ canadian, I've sent a request for an invite on hockeystreams.com.

Edit: I can't find how to make a Paypal button, so here's a direct link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=P9US6VSW7WNP6&lc=CA&item_name=hamstercat&currency_code=CAD&bn=PP-DonationsBF%3abtn_donate_LG.gif%3aNonHosted

Done. Thanks

hamstercat

I got in fast! Got an invite yesterday, been hacking away since then. Going well for now, I'll post something when it's ready for beta.

Killervette

I got in fast! Got an invite yesterday, been hacking away since then. Going well for now, I'll post something when it's ready for beta.

Sounds good!

hamstercat

Just tried with Kodi and none of the channels seem to work via DLNA, can you make any one of them load? I'm beginning to think there may be a more general problem with DLNA and channels. Gonna try another client to make sure.