Folder structure

jax

On setting up folders, do I create a shared folder say Media then create my folders in that share like Movies, TV, Music. example \\htpc\Media\Movies, \\htpc\Media\TV

Or does each category, Movies, TV, Music, need to be a shared folder. \\htpc\Movies, \\htpc\TV.

Thanks 

crashkelly

Hey there,

Check out http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/674-media-files-folders-structure/ and see if it answers some of your questions.

Personally, I have multiple drives in my library and I do create folders on those drives for the type of media and then create UNC shares for them

F:\TV\ would become \\main\TV_1$

G:\TV\ would become \\main\TV_2$

H:\Blu-Rays\ would become \\main\Blu-Rays_1$

I:\Blu-Rays\ would become \\main\Blu-Rays_2$

I just made up the above as an example and you can create whatever names you would like.

The "$" at the end hides the share from browsing it through Windows Explorer although it is still accessible if you know the name

Hope that helps

Cheers

CrashKelly

Edited by crashkelly

Beardyname

On setting up folders, do I create a shared folder say Media then create my folders in that share like Movies, TV, Music. example \\htpc\Media\Movies, \\htpc\Media\TV

Or does each category, Movies, TV, Music, need to be a shared folder. \\htpc\Movies, \\htpc\TV.

Thanks 

Any of your 2 examples will work fine, whatever floats your boat :)