Supporter Key - can i merge the various I have?

dcauger

I started a few years ago with MB, and loved it. I bought a lifetime supporter for MB2 as well as lots of add ons. I have a couple of supporter keys from back then.

I have some key at some point when I was feeling happy and bought another lifetime MB2 or 3 key - you guys are doing a great job!

Earlier this year, I bought a lifetime supporter key for MB3. I think I bought a MB 3 Plus add on too.

A few minutes ago I went into to MB 3 plus plug in and it told me my trial license had ended. for $10, I bought it again.. whatever. I think MB is too cheap for what you offer anyways..

So, I find myself in possession of somewhere between 3 and 6 keys now. Can I somehow consolidate all those into 1? if so, can you guide me to that spot or person?

Its a real P.I.T.A to try and figure out which key has what. Perhaps it automagicially happens behind the scenes but with my most recent purchase (or re-purchase for the 3rd time?) of MB 3 Plus, my little badge change from gold to silver - makes me believe this key is unique for each purchas.

Any guidance here would be appreciated.

Thanks again for your teams efforts! this is great stuff..

Dean

Just went back and checked something.. The Email address I use for MB and this forum is different that the one I use for PayPal. Does that matter?

The issue is the email for the PayPal account has been different each time. That is what determines the key.

The mb2 keys are not supported anymore but you can transfer the items from your previous mb3 key to your new one.

There is a spot to do that right on the same page where you entered the key.

• 2 weeks later...
tornadotj

So, the extras purchased on the old MB2 key can't be transferred into the new MB3 key? Just making sure I understand this correctly.

Thanks!

No, all forward compatibility from MB 2 was dropped back at the beginning of the year.  There really isn't much of anything that transfers over anyway.

Not sure where to post this, so I'll try here.   I have contributed to MB3 and thought I had purchased MBplus license a couple months ago.   Can't find a specific line item on my PayPal to Mediabrowser but I understand that some payments show up as to indiviudals.  But I still see the Trial period notice when I look at the Plugin from the Dashboard.   Is there anyway, I could ask for someone to check this before I spend another $10 to license this again?   If there is a forum section to which I should direct this, I would appreciate the direction.  Thanks in advance.

I've tried this, merging of the keys between 2 emails through the server UI. I've tried it both ways, from one email to the other. no results. The spinning circle of completion in the UI never completes. just hangs there... does not lock up the server, if I navigate away and come back to the help -> support key page, I can see where I left off with the email addy and *** out keys.. I can hit the 'transfer key' button again, with the aforementioned results repeating. 

What does success look like? Should I get an email with the new key? does it automagically apply it? I would assume I would navigate to plugins->MBplus and with the key merged, the trial period ended warning would vanish if it automagically transferred, however, that still exists.

What am I missing?

DCA

The merge form gives you a space for an old key and a new key.  You need to be sure you put the key for your current email address as the new one and be sure you then are using that key in the Supporter Key field.

When the merge works, you should get a message to that effect.

If you still can't figure it out, PM me the email addresses involved.