Set my expectations!

smiffy1989

smiffy1989

Hey, totally new to Media Browser but have been using xbmc/kodi for a long time. Just starting to look at moving to a Media Browser back end so I can get rid of my centralised xbmc mysql DB.

I've installed Media Browser on my server and got everything configured and my library scraped in (8xx movies/4xxx episodes/15xxx mp3s) which was all simple enough and looks pretty damn awesome in the web client/iOS app!

I've got the beta repo installed, installed xbmb3c and the 1080XF skin and got that configured and looking how I want it. Only thing thats stopping me from switching over fully at the minute is that it takes about 15 seconds to get into movies each time. Is that normal?

xnappo

How many movies do you have?  Most skins you can turn off the 'Cast' and 'Plot' data to make it faster(they will background load).  What kind of machine are you running on?

I also have something else up my sleeve I am working on while at the in-laws :D

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

smiffy1989

I've got 868 movies. I'll have a look for that setting. Its an acer revo 3700 so not the most powerful thing. I've got everything configured on my home server too (I3 with 4GB RAM and an SSD) and it takes about 5 seconds on there.

I love to see things being actively developed :)

• 5 weeks later...
xnappo

I've got the beta repo installed, installed xbmb3c and the 1080XF skin and got that configured and looking how I want it. Only thing thats stopping me from switching over fully at the minute is that it takes about 15 seconds to get into movies each time. Is that normal?

@@smiffy1989 - have you tried the fast processing mode in the latest beta?