Mixed movies and TV not showing

josavvyy

josavvyy

In the latest server Version 3.0.5441.2, every folder I have as a type Mixed movies and TV is no longer showing any media. I can click on the folder and I see all the entries but when I click on them, there's nothing there. I chnaged one of the folders to Movie type and it works like it used to before the latest update.

Thanks.

Yeah, I just checked it too because all of my kids' media is in a mixed folder.

Server v3.0.5445.6

@@josavvyy @J e f f

Some examples of your folder structure might help us determine what is happening.

I'm also having the problem, which just cropped up in the last few days. Server 3.0.5445.5.

Deleting a "Mixed" folder and re-adding it as a Movie folder works fine, but all of my other "Mixed" folders don't show up in the MB Classic view, and all worked fine a week ago.

DGMayor

Same issue with my "adult" section.  I re-added it as home videos and they all came back without issue.  

My actual movies and tv shows that are listed as mixed movies and TV show fine.

Edited by DGMayor

Again, some examples of folder structure (from root to media) might help to illuminate the situation.

For example:

Mixed media folder

C:\MyStuff\Videos\

----TVShow1\

--------Season1\

------------TVShow1.S01e01.episode title.avi

------------TVShow1.S01e02.episode title.avi

----TVShow2\

--------TVShow2.S01e01.episode title.mp4

--------TVShow2.S01e02.mkv

----Movie1\

--------movie1 title.mkv

movie2 title.mp4

What you have listed there is exactly how it is.  Problem is on my drive its hundreds of files like that.  I can't show you the whole directory that and its adult stuff.  I can send via pm though.  But what you described is exactly how the folder structure is.  Up until this past Sunday it worked correctly.

I was on version 3.0.5441 and then upgraded to 3.0.5445.6.

Edited by Specter

When I said "from root to media" I meant I would like to know the folder/file structure from the root of the drive all the way to the media files themselves, not just to a containing folder.

For example:

Mixed media folder

C:\MyStuff\Videos\

----TVShow1\

--------Season1\

------------TVShow1.S01e01.episode title.avi

------------TVShow1.S01e02.episode title.avi

----TVShow2\

--------TVShow2.S01e01.episode title.mp4

--------TVShow2.S01e02.mkv

----Movie1\

--------movie1 title.mkv

movie2 title.mp4

or a screencap of windows explorer with expanded folders from root of the drive all the way to the actual media. Something that shows the full structure of what is not working.

What you have listed there is exactly how it is.  Problem is on my drive its hundreds of files like that.  I can't show you the whole directory that and its adult stuff.  I can send via pm though.  But what you described is exactly how the folder structure is.  Up until this past Sunday it worked correctly.

I was on version 3.0.5441 and then upgraded to 3.0.5445.6.

Fine, you can send via pm. I'm old enough, I promise ;)

So it is a mix-and-match structure like I used here? Some files at the root, some in folders, some in season folders, etc?

Fine, you can send via pm. I'm old enough, I promise ;)

So it is a mix-and-match structure like I used here? Some files at the root, some in folders, some in season folders, etc?

Yep pretty much exactly. But I'll send a screenshot via pm.

I will be testing this and going over it asap. Maybe it's best for you guys to wait before spending a lot of time on it.

Little more detail to this problem.  Also the folder structure is listed however if you navigate into any sub folders it states no content can be found in them.

Here is my folder structure that is having the same problem

• Anime  - Folder Type: TV Shows
    • D:\Videos\Anime
  • Movies - Folder Type: Movies
    • D:\Videos\Movies
  • New Videos - Folder Type: Mixed movies & tv   <--- no longer shows content within sub folders, but sub folder structure is displayed
    • C:\Downloads\New Videos
  • Videos- Folder Type: Mixed movies & tv   <--- no longer shows content within sub folders, but sub folder structure is displayed
    • C:\Downloads\Videos
  • TV Shows - Folder Type: TV Shows
    • D:\Videos\TV Shows

Version: 3.0.5445.6

Edited by Specter

Hi, not sure if there was an update that has cause this issue, we have folders with folders and files inside, usually there is not an issue, but the last 2 days, for example a folder called History, inside this folder does not display all the folders and displays a folder as a movie file which does not even exist on our system.

Is there a fix for this???

Many thanks 

Nathaniel

Hi,

for 2 days now not all folders and files are showing in the Library, i have tried removing the folder and adding it again, still the same problem.

Many thanks

Nathaniel

WarrenH

Try manually refreshing the library - oddly every now and then some files / folders seem to go "offline". Apparently this is when a refresh can't find a location / a drive is disconnected, although from my experience this seems to happen randomly even when my drives are online 24/7. Even more oddly, when an automated refresh happens, it doesn't seem to find the previous "offline" files / folders, and I have to manually refresh my library.

Hi,

I have tried a manual refresh and an advanced refresh, still the same issue, not displaying the correct structure, a folder that is there is displayed as a movie and another folder does not appear at all, the hard drive is on 24/7 and has always worked until 2 or 3 days ago.

many thanks

Nathaniel

Are there video files in the root folder as well as the sub-folders?  If so this is probably a recent problem that is being looked into.

buddyweiser

I have this issue as well with the adult library. It's structured just like my movies library, but nothing shows up. There's no library in MBC, and in the Web client I can click on the adult library and it shows the primary images, but when I click on each one it says no items.

Sent using my G3

buddyweiser

I have this issue as well with the adult library. It's structured just like my movies library, but nothing shows up. There's no library in MBC, and in the Web client I can click on the adult library and it shows the primary images, but when I click on each one it says no items(I'm assuming this is why it doesn't display the library at all in mbc)

Sent using my G3

Sent using my G3

This is probably another manifestation of what some others have reported recently.  Is it a structure where there are videos in a root folder and then also sub-folders under that?

Heckler

Pssst: Subject is a play on the old movie "One of Our Dinosaurs is Missing" that I remember seeing in the cinema as the movie before the main feature... Back before multiplexes and stuff like that... Gawd I'm old.

Anyhoo... onto my problem.

One of my video folders has gone astray... It's there in the browser client, but not in MB Classic  EDIT: Whilst folder access is there, the sub folders show up empty. 

I've tested on 2 systems with 2 accounts,

System 1: Windows media centre and MB classic v.3.0.236, accessing server v.3.0.5445.6 over home network. Everything works, except this one folder is missing... also accessing server via web browser on this system...where I can access this one folder.

System 2: WMC and MB Classic v/3.0.236 accessing server on same system. Everything works and shows up except for this one folder. Can also see/access folder if using web browser

Been all through the settings and checked, both accounts are set to access this folder, there are NO rating restrictions on either of these accounts to stop access. But I have triple checked all settings on both accounts... It was there last week, I went away for a few days and came back Sunday, only noticed it was missing last night.

Have rebooted system and server on several occasions to see if it came back... it didn't.

file access is via UNC

\\mediaserver\adult\actorname\video1.mp4   and so forth.

Edited by Heckler

Heckler

I just posted about this exact problem I noticed yesterday... mine is also a mixed folder with adult videos... It shows up fine via the browser, but is completely missing via MB classic in WMC.

Folder structure is via UNC

//mediaserver/adult/actorname/video1.mp4   and so forth.

EDIT:  Although access to the folder via the browser is there... having just checked all of the sub folders (actorname)... all of them are showing up as empty.

Edited by Heckler

Heckler

All of my videos in that folder are structured like this

\\mediaserver\adult\actorname\video1.mp4

\\mediaserver\adult\actorname\video2.mp4

\\mediaserver\adult\actorname\video3.mp4

or if you prefer local structure

H:\adult\actorname\video1.mp4   and so forth.

and so forth. There are no subfolders in any of them