Sound issue with Roku 2

gutterpunk13

gutterpunk13

Hey guys.

I recently took a dive into roku 3 ownership. I liked it so much i replaced one of my mediacenter machines with it. So i decided to buy another one, but this time i went with a roku 2. Everything seemed fine until i found that in some files the audio would play incomprehensible shuttering.

These files play fine on my roku 3. It might be because my roku 2 is on the wifi, i havent had a chance to switch it to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for your help!

Deihmos

Too bad the roku 2 is wifi only. Maybe the bit rate is too high and you are using a 2.4ghz network which is usually too slow.

Edited by Deihmos

I ran into the same issue. Only I have a Roku 3 that plays everything fine, and I bought a bunch of Roku 1's for the other TV's and those give me the problem. I seem to only run into this problem with small files. 500mb where as normally they would be 1.3gb So the bitrate is actually low on the files that give me the problem. Roku 3 is on wifi and is the furthest device away from my router. I have a Roku 1 right next to my router that still has the issue. The video is flawless, but the audio stutters as describe by the OP. Low bitrate would be what I would assume is the problem, but the audio is the only real issue. And what puzzles me is other almost identical files don't have issues. I just chalked it up to the Roku 3 being better, but since the Media Browser server is transcoding makes me wonder if it's not something else server side that the Roku 3 has no problem with but the Roku 1 does.

gutterpunk13

I just checked and the files that i am trying to play are mkvs.

Its funny because the live tv plugin with serverwmc works and looks/sounds great on roku2 through wifi.

I get an occasional file mp3 that won't play on my roku 2xs.. Just skips onto next song. Haven't really had time to explore it!