Invite User Error

spyke562

spyke562

Hello Everyone,

First, I love MediaBrowser! 

I have been using for awhile now and been working excellent.  However, I was telling my friend about my setup and offered to share my content with him.  I wanted to use the Invite User function via the Users section.  After I type in his personal email address to send the invite I receive the below error.

"There was an error processing the request.  Please try again later."

He has never used MB before so he does not have an account.  From what I understand I should be able to send this to any address and he types in a PIN to view my content after he receives the invite email?

Attached is a snippet of the log.

Invite Usert Log.txt

Thanks for any help.

Beardyname

hmm 400 bad request, I'm guessing you checked that the email was correctly spelled?

*edit* @@ebr said it more clearly than i could

Edited by Beardyname

You shouldn't be getting that error so that is a problem of some sort but your friend does need to have an account to share your server.

If you send an invite to someone without an account, it will just send them an email telling them how to sign up.  Once they've done that, then you can invite them to share your server.

spyke562

Hey Beardyname & ebr,

Thanks for the reply and the confirmation.  I will have my friend sign up and attempt to share again.  I will post back on status.

Thanks again!