Movies work but TV series don't?

ufcfan

Redshirt

Does it happen every time you click a season? Does it happen if you click episodes on any of the homescreen tabs?

it doesn't seem to happen if I click the episode from the homescreen. In the new category I have movies and tv episodes all of them seem to work fine, then if i go to the movies folder, again they work fine, but when I go to the TV series folder, and try to play the same show I just played, I can select the series, then the season, but as soon as I select an episode it hangs up, seemingly as it is fetching the episode info. To the point where I have to force close the program and restart.

I looked in the log (clued out as I am about them) and I noticed an out of memory error, so I decided to reset my tablet to factory defaults and skimmed the preinstalled bloatware just to be sure. Bare bones, hoping that would solve it, but I still have the same issue.

Edited by ufcfan

Redshirt

Now for the strange question. 

If you launch the app and ONLY keep the device in a portrait position does it still happen?

• Like 1

Well eureka! It works fine in portrait, and I can rotate to landscape to watch. As soon as I try to redo the show selection process in landscape it locks up. That is actually fine by me, as long as I have a work around I'm doing great. Pretty insightful of you.. kudos

Redshirt

It's not a real world solution for users :D but It does let me know that the landscape layout is eating up too much memory. Something for me to look into.

Edited by Redshirt