Disc 01/Disc 02 sets no longer recognized in Windows Server

theReverend

theReverend

I just received the latest update: MS Windows Server Version 3.0.5441.2

Now there is an issue where multi-disc items are no longer seen. Only the first disc is seen (with no "Disc 01" note).

M:\Movies (DVD)\Movies (Musical)\The Sound of Music\The Sound of Music (1965) (Disc 01)

M:\Movies (DVD)\Movies (Musical)\The Sound of Music\The Sound of Music (1965) (Disc 02)

Anyone have a fix for this? It's been working fine since installation - this just started on Thanksgiving day.

Thank you,

Blair

I don't think those are supposed to be in parens.  e.g. "Disc 1" not "(Disc 1)" but maybe we can account for that too...

theReverend

Thank you for the input ebr,

It's been working this way ever since I began using MB... I can change all of the files I have; it would be cool if it could work with the (Disc 01)...

• 2 weeks later...
theReverend

The issue with multi-disc items still exists for me...

I've modified the to the following standard (as noted in the Media Files & Folders Structure guide):

M:\Movies (DVD)\Movies (Musical)\Sound of Music (1965)\Sound of Music Disc 1\VIDEO_TS

M:\Movies (DVD)\Movies (Musical)\Sound of Music (1965)\Sound of Music Disc 2\VIDEO_TS

Only one movie shows up in the Metadata Manager, Media Browser Classic & Media Browser Theater... 

\\SERVER-01\Media M\Movies (DVD)\Movies (Musical)\Sound of Music (1965)\Sound of Music Disc 1

I'm using Media Browser Server (v3.0.5445.6). Everything used to work just fine but the last few updates seem to have broken this (at least for me).

The issue with multi-disc items still exists for me...

I've modified the to the following standard (as noted in the Media Files & Folders Structure guide):

M:\Movies (DVD)\Movies (Musical)\Sound of Music (1965)\Sound of Music Disc 1\VIDEO_TS

M:\Movies (DVD)\Movies (Musical)\Sound of Music (1965)\Sound of Music Disc 2\VIDEO_TS

Only one movie shows up in the Metadata Manager, Media Browser Classic & Media Browser Theater... 

\\SERVER-01\Media M\Movies (DVD)\Movies (Musical)\Sound of Music (1965)\Sound of Music Disc 1

I'm using Media Browser Server (v3.0.5445.6). Everything used to work just fine but the last few updates seem to have broken this (at least for me).

what exactly is the issue, other than perhaps the name it's showing up as (disc 1)?  It looks like you are correctly using multi-disc naming, which means you should only see one entry that groups the two together.

theReverend

The way that it has worked for me in the past, with this convention, is there is one movie to choose from in the library, then when you choose it, it shows two discs... [movie name] disc 1 & [movie name] disc 2.

Now I see only one movie... I cannot choose the second disc...

If you can grab the server dev build and test out the fix that would be helpful feedback. see the alpha area at the botttom.

RedStripe

server Version 3.0.5445.6

Multi-part movies appears to be broke again. Each part is displayed individually. When container folder is viewed in metadata manager...no information is being detected from the movie.xml

Edited by RedStripe

server Version 3.0.5445.6

Multi-part movies appears to be broke again. Each part is displayed individually. When container folder is viewed in metadata manager...no information is being detected from the movie.xml

If you can grab the server dev build and test out the fix that would be helpful feedback. see the alpha area at the botttom.

theReverend

I updated to the Dev build v3.0.5454.21792 last night, scanned the media library and there was no change in the way multi-discs were handled.

I updated to the Dev build v3.0.5455.43139 today, scanned the media library and... it still appears to have fixed it a bit... the original data was corrupted a bit and no longer displays all of the multi-disc movies correctly...

WOW. I just made a major FUBAR. When you choose delete from the metadata manager... it deletes the movie from it's location... not the metadata. I had no Idea... and it's not in the trash can - gone for good!

theReverend

Hey Team,

This is quite frustrating. When movies are formatted this way, only disc 1 is recognized:

M:\Movies (DVD)\Sound of Music\Sound of Music (1965) (Disc 01)\VIDEO_TS

M:\Movies (DVD)\Sound of Music\Sound of Music (1965) (Disc 02)\VIDEO_TS

When movies are formatted this way, both discs are recognized, but of course, no metadata is downloaded:

M:\Movies (DVD)\Movies (Musical)\Sound of Music (1965)\Sound of Music 1\VIDEO_TS

M:\Movies (DVD)\Movies (Musical)\Sound of Music (1965)\Sound of Music 2\VIDEO_TS

When movies are re-formatted this way, after being recognized from the previous format (the 2nd paragraph in this note), only Sound of Music 1 appears...

M:\Movies (DVD)\Movies (Musical)\Sound of Music (1965)\Sound of Music (1965) (Disc 01)\VIDEO_TS

M:\Movies (DVD)\Movies (Musical)\Sound of Music (1965)\Sound of Music (1965) (Disc 02)\VIDEO_TS

Can you address this? This is driving me nuts...

this should be working fine now on the latest dev build. can you post a screenshot of what you see in the web interface? 

theReverend

I changed to the following convention:

M:\Movies (DVD)\Movies (Musical)\Sound of Music (1965)\Disc 1\VIDEO_TS

M:\Movies (DVD)\Movies (Musical)\Sound of Music (1965)\Disc 2\VIDEO_TS

Only Disc 1 is seen. BUT - in the Media Browser web interface, an "Additional Parts" is seen as Disc 2. In the Metadata Manager, the second disc is not seen... and in Media Center/MB Classic, the second disc is not seen either. It used to work...

Ok, then it is working as designed. You are using the naming convention for multi-disc movies. They are grouped as one title and it is up to the apps to provide playback options for the second disc. I'm pretty sure MBC has that. Ebr can elaborate. The only reason they were separate before is that it was a bug. Now that it has been fixed it sounds like you would prefer they stay separate.

If this is the case, you can either wait because i'm sure within the next few server releases we'll have settings for this .Or you can use a naming convention that will not fall into multi-disc. For instance, using the numbers without the "disc" is not considered multi-disc. So this should keep them separate if that's what you prefer:

M:\Movies (DVD)\Movies (Musical)\Sound of Music (1965)\Sound of Music 1\VIDEO_TS

M:\Movies (DVD)\Movies (Musical)\Sound of Music (1965)\Sound of Music 2\VIDEO_TS

MBC does support multi-disc playback.  If you hit the play button it will ask you which one you want to play or if you want to play them both together.

theReverend

OK... I guess I'll wait for an up-coming release.

The weird thing, is that it work for me for about a year or so the way I depicted in the initial post... then it "broke".

I have a lot of DVD's that are 2 disc sets... thank you for looking into this... 

RedStripe

More observations.

1) Multi-part movie suffixed with Part 1...Part N  (i.e., each part is displayed separately with chapter extraction)

2) Multi-part movie suffixed with CD1...CD2 works. (note: Have not tested movie with more than two CD parts, i.e., CD1-CD3...CDN)

Hope this helps trouble-shoot if not already solved.

Edited by RedStripe