Media Library Management

jj12345

jj12345

First I should say how great this product is.  

It's possible that I'm missing out on how something works but, if not, I wonder if it might be helpful to have media collections separated from user profiles and then allow user profiles to pick which media collections to subscribe to and to either provide cross collection searching in all clients or to allow folders to be included in more than one collection.  A couple of pain points these capabilities would address:

1. Profiles have the option of using the default media library or their own collections but not both.  So if I want the default library contents but also want custom collections then I have to not include the default and instead duplicate all of those collections.

2. If user 2 has a collection that I'd like user 3 to also have access to it has to be duplicated for that user.

3. The web client has a limited search (with coming soon note when trying to do a full search) which appears to work across all collections the user has access to.  Not sure if the theater app will support cross collection searching or not... hope it will.  But in classic wmc client search appears to be limited to inside a collection.  I thought I'd make an "all" collection for searching but the server won't allow the same folder to be included in more than one collection.

• Like 1

In MBC, you can search from the EHS and it will go across the entire library.

If your theme doesn't have a search button on the EHS then try ctl-s.

jj12345

Search icon must be hidden by my theme but you're right Ctrl+S brought up search which works across all collections.  Thanks for the tip.

sfnetwork

First I should say how great this product is.  

It's possible that I'm missing out on how something works but, if not, I wonder if it might be helpful to have media collections separated from user profiles and then allow user profiles to pick which media collections to subscribe to and to either provide cross collection searching in all clients or to allow folders to be included in more than one collection.  A couple of pain points these capabilities would address:

1. Profiles have the option of using the default media library or their own collections but not both.  So if I want the default library contents but also want custom collections then I have to not include the default and instead duplicate all of those collections.

2. If user 2 has a collection that I'd like user 3 to also have access to it has to be duplicated for that user.

3. The web client has a limited search (with coming soon note when trying to do a full search) which appears to work across all collections the user has access to.  Not sure if the theater app will support cross collection searching or not... hope it will.  But in classic wmc client search appears to be limited to inside a collection.  I thought I'd make an "all" collection for searching but the server won't allow the same folder to be included in more than one collection.

+1 for 1 and 2