Classic User Wanting to Try Theater

dougdude9

dougdude9

Hello all!

I'm a long time Media Browser Classic user and love it.  Long story short, I have always struggled with getting all my different media types to play correctly.  Some file types would give me 5.1 surround while others would not.  I would make a change to my filters and then the ones that worked no longer would, but I fixed the other.  I think I finally have it all working well using the LAV filters if I remember correctly. 

Anyway, I want to try MB Theater, but I don't want to mess with any of my filters I have installed as it all seems to be working well. 

Can anyone tell me if it will mess with how I have my filters and MB Classic configured?  I don't know at all how theater works and how it plays the different types of files I have. 

Thanks,

Doug

dougdude9

Can anyone tell me what Theater uses to play different types of content.  Again, I want to try it out, but I don't want it to mess with my settings I have working for Classic right now. 

Thanks,

Doug

It won't mess with any system settings. It installs a private copy of lav filters. best thing to do is just give it a shot.

• 2 weeks later...
AdrianW

It's worth trying MBT, it certainly looks good - but I still don't think it holds a candle to MBC. MBT is sorely missing a few very important features - scrolling multiple items at a time and pre-selecting the next unplayed season/episode are the two deal breakers for me.

I'd suggest installing MPC-HC as an external player for MBC, that solved all my codec & subtitle issues and gives me superior image quality when used with MadVR (you use the MBC configurator to setup external players).