Chromecast quality

AxelAxel3

AxelAxel3

When casting from any client (android, web, iphone), the quality of video on the Chromecast is very very poor. Netflix and hulu is very HD, so I know its specific to MB.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why?

I can't confirm that the quality is that poor using ChromeCast, however I also noticed

that the bitrate (obviously 10Mbps) is too low to properly display high quality content (> 1080p)

whereas the stick itself doesn't seem to be the limitation as Netflix and others are doing well.

Is there a way to manually set the bandwidth or why does it never use more than 10Mbps?

@alexander7567:

The admin dashboard shows information about transcoding details

once you hover over the "active sessions". What does it say when you are casting media content? 

Edited by shudder

The receiver caps it at 10 or 11 MB because any higher and it gets unstable. 10 is pretty high though

Redshirt

The receiver caps it at 10 or 11 MB because any higher and it gets unstable. 10 is pretty high though

I didn't know that. I'll have to adjust my bitrate selection dialog so it doesn't request values that are too high.

• 1 month later...
AxelAxel3

So does anyone have any suggestions about this? I am still having this issue... The video is really bad when playing on Chromecast using mb.. But on nieflix its HD. Even mb and computer is good...

CBers

So I'm guessing that since you replied with that, it means that this is not an issue for everyone else?

Not an issue here.

Video PQ is excellent.

What BitRate setting do you have set?

In my Android app, the CC BitRate setting is 20Mb/s.

Swynol

i also have no issues with chrome cast, how far away from your wireless AP is your chromecast? maybe not getting a good enough signal strength?