Missing play button

nodiaque
Go to solution Solved by nodiaque,

nodiaque

Hello,

I'm currently using MBT 3.0.5449.38622 with MB server 3.0.5445.6. For an unknown reason, my tv shows library doesn't have a play button on episodes anymore. All other library are, but not this one. Yesterday, everything was fine.

In MB Web, I can play any episode, so it's really MBT that is having a weird issue. Running MBT on the same machine that is running the server so it's not a path issue or access denied.

Windows 8.1 x64

Thanks

nodiaque

Made some test and the problem go away when I remove the external player. thing is, the file format, mkv, is used in other library and is working with the external player... really something glitchy

edit: I was wrong, removing the external player didn't bring back the play button, only removing all cache of mbt restore it, once..

Edited by nodiaque

nodiaque

Found out it happen only on my Windows 8.1. I copied the installation from my Windows 7, disabled internet to be sure it doesn't update and same problem. There seems to be a problem with Windows 8.1 and MBT for TV Shows only...

nodiaque

Just wanted to say, I tried from another Windows 8.1 which was working fine and now, in MBT, it doesn't work anymore when I set an external player.... could it be because of backup I made?

more effort has been put into the internal player. external players still may have some odd quirks such as sthat

• Solution
nodiaque

I finally find out why. It's the MB server that was causing the problem, weird. I might have restores too many file from the backup and it was having some strange behavior with the tv shows. I decided to erase the server again and restore only cache, config, plugins, user.db and user-v2.db. This time, tv shows work properly with external player. very weird.