Change appearance to MB Classic

tornadotj

tornadotj
I have recently upgraded from MB2 to MB3 Classic on my laptop. If I log in with a new user I have only used with a fresh install, I get the new interface within MB3 Classic. But on this laptop, I can only get the old MB2 theme or the two themes I had used before in MB2 (Chocolate and Pearl). I tried deleting the themes, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the new MB3 default theme to appear on this laptop with this user's login. Help?

tornadotj

Well, now they both look like that. I guess logging in as the user that was originally MB2 has changed the appearance of both profiles. Maybe I just need a good theme?  I will put Chocolate back and see if that was what I saw at first. Thanks!

Edited by tornadotj

tornadotj

OK, installed Chocolate and I like the interface once I select "Movies" or other folders. I do wish I could adjust the color to blue to match the rest of WMC.

I searched around and could not find a solution to a problem I have run into. I have named all my files according to TMDb, and these names worked perfectly under MB2. But now under MB3, several names do not work properly.

For example, in MB2, the name Kill Bill Vol. 1 (2003).mkv worked. This will not work under MB3. I have to remove the . after Vol, then it will work correctly. I have run into this issue with several files. My other players (Kodi) work fine with the exact match from TMDb. 

Am I going to have to rename all the files that do not conform to what MB3 expects to see?

We've tried to leave the WMC blue behind but if that is what you like, the classic theme still follows it.

You should take up your naming issue in the server forum but that should be a pretty rare case.

I've got MB Version 3.0.5464.40000 installed and can't get the Chocolate theme installed. Under "install" it says "This plugin must be installed from with in the app you intend to use it in." So, now I'm stumped.

AdrianW

I've got MB Version 3.0.5464.40000 installed and can't get the Chocolate theme installed. Under "install" it says "This plugin must be installed from with in the app you intend to use it in." So, now I'm stumped.

Chocolate is a theme for MBC (Media Browser Classic). Themes for MBC are installed from within MBC. You can't install them from the MB Server (i.e. the WebUI).

But, Chocolate is actually the default theme for MBC - it's what you get by default when you initially install MBC.