All mp3 files appear in one album

goobie

Hey,

Have been using MB3 classic in WMC 7 for a while on my HTPC to mainly watch movies and occasionally play my music.

I started it up tonight after not having used it for a while and now my entire mp3 collection (all 5700) is displayed under a single album.

What is going on? Nothing has changed in my hardware setup. All files are stored on a central file server in a folder system c:\media\mp3\artist\album\songs. Was there perhaps a problem with an update, is this a known issue and is it being addressed or did I break sometyhing on my side?

Thanks

So I recreated the music media entry, rebooted the server and now MB3 is completely broken with an INVALID APPLICATION UNABLE TO LAUNCH MEDIA BROWSER 3 error when I click on the MUSIC heading in MB3.

Please help

So I think I got it sorted.

Even though it worked forever where the media location was specified as \\server\... this is no longer the case for music files (on my machine at least). The server now wants the location for music to be c:\...

Oh well at least it is working again

Oh darn it, spoke too soon...

Even though MB3 is not crashing and all the music now shows up where it should (i.e. in the correct albums), playing the music returns an error AUDIO ERROR, THE FILE .... IS MISSING, CORRUPT, OR IN A LOCATION THAT IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

Oh darn it, spoke too soon...

Even though MB3 is not crashing and all the music now shows up where it should (i.e. in the correct albums), playing the music returns an error AUDIO ERROR, THE FILE .... IS MISSING, CORRUPT, OR IN A LOCATION THAT IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

That's because you changed the definition of the files to a location the MBC machine cannot access (c:\ on the server machine).