Fast Forward Rewind Not Working on XBox 360

bdevild
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

I just upgraded to 3.0.5545.6 server and 3.0.238 MBC from 2 and now the FF, RW, skip, and numbers buttons do not work for my media center remote on the 360.  This occurs while playing WMV format movies.  I read the usage guide and tried all options with no luck.  The remote works fine on my native windows machine w/ the remote usb adapter.

Is this a known issue?

Edited by bdevild

The number buttons are known with the custom interface.

If you turn off the custom player interface, do all those functions work?

I tried that with no luck.  The time index (what time in the movie) only shows the current second playing on the far right - e.g. at 10 seconds it shows a full bar and 10 seconds all the way to the right and not 1:38:00 (whatever length of movie).  FF/RW/Skip do not work still.

I tried this with Chocolate and with Classic themes and with turning off every option in Playback as well.  Nothing seemed to work.

Anything in logs useful to you?  Or other options to try?

• Solution

It sounds like maybe you haven't setup permissions properly such that your extender can access the media directly so it is streaming it instead.

Thanks!  That was the issue.  For clarity of issue and resolution...

Issue

1) After installing MB3 I mapped the network shares from my NAS by clicking through the GUI selector in MB3.  -e.g.  Network > NAS > Movies for \\NAS\Movies

2) All features works fine on PC

3) Libraries appear but Xbox is streaming thus no FF/RW

Fix

1) I added these as Media Libraries in Media Center Settings menu manually with authentication - e.g. type in \\NAS\Movies and user=[username] and pw=[pass] of NAS user

2) FF/RW works correctly

• Like 1