Configure Media Browser to play wtv files in Media Center

mamikel

Hi,

I've configured Media Browser to play all formats other than wtv files in an external player (media player classic). I'd like to also have Media Center play wtv files but could only do this by adding ehshell as an external player which basically works but starts Media Center in windowed mode rather than full screen and it doesn't return me to where I was in Media Browser.   

Is it possible just to have Media Browser let requests to play .wtv files go through to Windows Media Center rather than having to set up an external player?

thanks

Matt

You are saying you un-checked this box and MBC is still attempting to play your wtv files to an external?  If so, please post a log of this happening.  Thanks.

548c5b3948c05_nowtv.png

Thanks for the response CBW.  

Yes, I had previously unchecked the .wtv extension and this had .wtv files playing I believe in the Media Browser internal player - which is good btw.  But, what I had hoped was to instead be able to play .wtv files using the Media Center player along with the familiar native Media Center functionality (in particular the i button on the Media Center remote which brings up a suite of tabs within Media Center allowing one to perform all sorts of useful tasks including managing series and recording settings and being able to switch on subtitles).

The way I'm doing it currently is by setting up ehshell as an external player, but the user experience is less than ideal for the reasons I mentioned.

To give a more complete picture of where I'm going.  The intention is to then investigate the handling of series recordings in Media Browser.  Currently, it appears I need to create the typical folder structure (Program Name\Season X\S0xE0y*.wtv) in order to have Media Browser present the series in the wonderful way it does.  But, it should be possible, that by ensuring the meta data in the .wtv files is correct (and I subscribe to IceTV to get good meta data and can also request IceTV tweak where possible), that Media Browser can organise in program\season from the meta data without having to re-organise the files.

cheers

Matt

Edited by mamikel

Thanks again.

The info button was just an example.  But I guess the real question is, is it not possible to have Media Browser to hand the playing of WTV files back to Media Center?  Is this technically difficult/impossible?  I have found that if I remember to exit Media Center in full screen rather than a window, by default it will once again open in full screen. So, the current workaround is to continue just adding Media Center as an external application.  The downside is that there is no "back" to where you were that you might want - for instance, if you want to watch the next episode.  I might explorer Media Center Launcher in the meantime.  I guess the other option is perhaps if I can work out how to launch a wtv file using the Media Center SDK, perhaps I can offer this to Media Browser as an option (on top of my donation) as I think Media Browser is the ideal add-in for Media Center, particularly with it's ability to shell out to superior players such as media player classic.

Ok.  So is it just that there's currently no way of hooking into the native functionality such as the i button behaviour when watching wtv files?  Also, are you overriding the skip functionality that 7MC gives by default or is it not supported in the way you are calling the 7MC video player?

Edited by mamikel

The custom interface has its own skip implementation and it is documented in here in a pinned topic.  It is very similar but not identical to the standard functionality.