MB3 internal music player attempting local drive instead of server

mrsasse
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

I am using a linux MB3 server and a Windows MCE with MB3 frontend.  Everything works great (videos and pics) except music files.  When playing ANY of my MP3's through MB3 classic, I get the following error: "The file C:\mnt\.......filename.mp3 you are trying to play is missing, corrupt, or in a location that is currently available."  I would post a screenshot, but "one does not simply upload files without authorization". 

It seems the internal player is trying to pull from the local drive c:, rather than my network share.  I do get all the artwork from the server. 

Error log snippet below:

2014-12-13 10:01:00.7724,Info,,Internal Player about to play Album of the Year(/mnt/59c6bc28-fd7f-4cb9-90c7-6ca5ee1513a8/music/Music/Faith No More/Faith No More - Album of the Year - Collision.mp3) ,53,Worker thread for Play Action
2014-12-13 10:01:00.7724,Info,,Internal Player playing Album of the Year,53,Worker thread for Play Action
2014-12-13 10:01:00.7824,Debug,,Calling MediaCenterEnvironment.PlayMedia,1,Application
2014-12-13 10:01:00.9944,Debug,,Error playing item: PlayMedia returned false,1,Application

• Solution

Since it is Linux notation, you will need to use Path substitution on the server to translate to a UNC share path the MBC machine can see.

Thanks soo much!

I have tried various combinations of path substitutions and no change.  Do I need to restart the server after a path sub? 

My music resides at 192.168.1.139 under directory \mnt\59c6bc28-fd7f-4cb9-90c7-6ca5ee1513a8\music\Music

Below is the path it is trying to reach.  Not sure what to put in the FROM and TO

548cd2062225e_error.png

The from should be the way you defined it in the media location setup.  The to needs to be the way the MBC machine can access it.

For instance From: c:\mnt\music To: \\myservername\sharename\music

That did it! Awesome App.. Awesome support community!

I kept adding the c:\ to beginning of the "TO" instead of using my server library music path.