Query filters

Luke

The last server release introduced some new filtering to a number of screens in the web client. There is an api endpoint that you can use to return a fitler object containing the list of available filters.

GET /Items/Filters

Returns an object with:

• Genres
  • Tags
  • OfficialRatings
  • Years

It accepts as params:

• UserId
  • ParentId
  • IncludeItemTypes
  • MediaTypes

So for example, if you're showing a movie list, you can pass in the same params that you're using to retrieve the movies, and it will return a filter object containing lists of filters that can be displayed.

• 4 years later...

How can I use this to pull back the tags for a specific movie, If I have this data?

{"event":"media.play","user":false,"owner":false,"Account":{},"Player":{"local":false,"title":"Emby Mobile","uuid":"TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKE1hY2ludG9zaDsgSW50ZWwgTWFjIE9TIFggMTBfMTRfMSkgQXBwbGVXZWJLaXQvNTM3LjM2IChLSFRNTCwgbGlrZSBHZWNrbykgQ2hyb21lLzcwLjAuMzUzOC4xMTAgU2FmYXJpLzUzNy4zNnwxNTQ0MTI2Mzc4NTAx"},"Metadata":{"guid":"d136d26e-9a2b-8b3e-7968-f3583c94fd50","librarySectionID":0,"type":"movies","title":"Alien","grandparentTitle":"root","parentTitle":"vudu_movies","index":0,"parentIndex":0,"ratingCount":0,"addedAt":0,"updatedAt":0}}

What I want is all of the Tag meta data for the movie being played.