TV Series in Folders (cover art boxset?)

pelfed

I have the following folder set up for TV series.

TV Series

---- Arrow

------- Season 1

---- Star Trek Tv series

------- Star trek DS9

----------- Season 1

------- Star trek TNG

----------- Season 1

Now awhile ago this use to work great and cover art would pick up all the start trek tv series folders and create a nice image for the top level ( I used the [boxset] directive in the folder name).

Now it doesn't work, probably because of the continued updates,  how can I get this back to working?

(when i now use boxset directive, it decides to download stuff about the latest movies and creates a movie collection)

We're going to need some more info on what is actually happening and how that is different from what you expect.  The [boxset] tag is for defining a collection but we have pretty much un-documented that feature in favor of the facility that is built right into the web client and auto box set plug-in.

I'm not really sure what is going to happen if you try to create a manual box set of TV series.

I am using the client in media center.  I have a TV icon that when clicked list all the series I have.  The [boxset] addition allowed the icon for 'Star Trek' to be controlled by CoverArt plugin and would display a 'Stack' of all the Star Trek Tv series under its folder.  There also used to be a way with in the meta editor to tell mediabrowser what type of folder it was (this has been removed disappointingly)

Remove the [boxset] tag as that is probably confusing things and is not really what you want.  If you just want CA to create a treatment for that folder, set the appropriate treatment style for "Folders" in that profile.

Hi - This is what I have been attempting to do, however CA just seems to ignore it and I cannot get it create the 'Stack' style or any style of images.

Did you remove the [boxset] tag from the file/folder name and re-scan your library?  Also, if there is a collection.xml file in that folder, you'll need to delete that.

Is there a primary image in the folder (folder or poster.jpg)?  There would need to be one in order for CoverArt to do anything.

Thats seems to have done the trick.  All my sub dirs had folders.jpg in them and it worked before without the root having anything.  I have a added a fake folder.jpg into the root folder and CA is now creating the stack images :-)