Unable to connect (direct connect)

ThermoDust

ThermoDust

I am unable to connect to the server any longer on my phone. I have setup my phone to connect direct and not use the Media Browser Web Client / Connection function(Cloud Solution). Which is odd as it was working earlier today and then just now I went to connect and it wouldn't do so. This isn't the first time, I fixed it in the past by uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

The problem all starts at the application loading screen when you first open. This is when I am presented the normal screen saying getting server details, then after a while I get the screen saying "Retry". What is interesting when this all happens is I am still able to connect to the web portal and watch from a browser just not my phone, even on the same phone that is running the app I can navigate to the web portal without a problem.

If you can please provide some additional answers also beyond a possible solution to the above issue:

1. How can I access the settings from the Retry screen? (Only been able to edit settings when this issue happens by uninstalling and reinstalling)
  2. When I went to connection the settings were blank yet I was still connecting. Is there any known issues with this?

ThermoDust

Just to help, I have reinstalled and tried connecting. It gave an error so I sent a copy of the logs.

ThermoDust

I may have fixed it. It is now connecting with the same information as before, the only thing I did was set my ddns information inside of media browser server. Would this of caused the problem?

ScottIsAFool

It could have done yes, if the IP addresses got out of sync when using Connect. As for getting to the server settings from the retry screen, that's something I recently added into the current beta versions that should be coming to the main app soon.