A few questions about connecting to Server

deecemobile

deecemobile

I had to reformat my media server and since then I am having connectivity issues. My internal ip for my media server is 192.168.1.5 but neither my iphone app nor media browser theater on another pc will connect to it in my home. I didn't have this problem before. I swear the clients would auto populate the connection information too (could be mistaken). Port is still 8096. Not sure what the problem is...

Second question: This new http://app.mediabrowser.tv feature - is this streaming in my lan or remotely? This feature connected my other devices no problem but if it is remote and uploading out of my network and then downloading it again well then that wont work.

Appreciate the help! Thanks

Edited by deecemobile

Are you saying that it is working from app.mediabrowser.tv but not from inside your network?

When you use app.mediabrowser.tv, you are connecting directly to your server.  Nothing is going through us or any other party.  Only the web client itself is initially delivered from our server.

deecemobile

The app.mediabrowser.tv works from inside my network and so do all the clients (iphone, Theater) when I used mediabrowser username, etc. But I couldn't get anything to connect manually before with IP and Port. Strange is all. 

When you say I am directly connected to my server, do you mean client to server within my LAN? I think that is what you mean. And that seems to be the case judging by the quality options I have for a movie

Thanks

the quality options have nothing to do with bandwidth but instead are based on the resolution of the video you're watching as well as the resolution of the screen.